Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

its winter here - or is it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: its winter here - or is it ?
    Posted: January 14 2018 at 5:19pm
I am so upset.

My last name is almost at the start of the alphabet.

One day I heard a knock on the door and when I opened it was Death standing there.

I looked at him and he looked at me. Next Death looked at his watch, then in his book of death dates.

Them he ask my a question, " Are you a friend of Hoadie"?

Yes I said I was.

Death gave me the middle finger and said " no way am I going to be seen with you".

Next he just turned and walked away.

Thanks Hoadie!?
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 5:00pm
that sounds good - think ill keep that in mind 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 5:08am
A SQ: I have come to note that people are born & die alphabetically.(If you don't believe that, pick up a newspaper - any newspaper. Go to the "hatched, matched & dispatched" section) See?! All alphabetically.

So, if you want to live a long life, figure out what time of day (or night) the reaper comes for the "S" people..& hide (like under the bed etc.) Problem solved!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 10:55pm
hmmmm , ive never been there so im assuming im not your threat , government types leap to mind - we share that , as do much of the rest of the world - its why there are so many 'refugees' their government stinks and makes their country unlivable - gotta go somewhere that has less problemsome government ,

we get some of that , these days a lot of that , our government used to enforce our laws , now they just want to make criminals of the honest citizens that work and pay taxes , trying to change that but not holding out much hope for permanent change , 

i bought an 1851 navy colt and an 1860 army colt this weekend , both black powder so they will ship direct [even tho they are modern versions they are still antiques] to my door , there was a time i could have had an enfield shipped direct to my door when i was younger , the country was younger , i thought i was smart then , now i am and think im still learning , i had hoped the country had gotten smarter - silly me , it is an incentive to get smarter [learn something new every day] just so you know where everything is at in life , 

sorry bout the soap box , sometimes age gets the better of me ...im still above ground and ill give in when i read my obituary in the paper , 

side note - i outlived my grandfather that retired at 65 and died a year later , id like to outlive my father that made it to 76 , but id most like to outlive my mother that made 86 and died on jan 9th one day before her birthday , i swear she didnt want that extra year added to her obituary , i on the other hand - at this point in time - want to add whatever good time i can , 

now im really rambling - sorry 

LIFE IS GOOD 
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 8:54pm
The Rangers have just changed over to (or are in the process of changing over to) the Colt something or other, a Finnish design rifle, but our threat comes not from Rusky North but from a group much worse,
They spend a lot of time in Ottawa....  
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 7:56pm
really - why not , if the ruskies come they were propped up by us , lets hit them with what we have - oh yea thats what will happen , we still have nearly every countrys arm in our assorted collections and yes we have ammo , 

as japan once observed of america [our candaian cousins included even tho their laws are more restrictive ] there is a rifle behind every blade of grass , and no matter how our media might portray us we are not idiots with firearms , MANY OF US ARE MARKSMAN, WITH THE RIGHT TOOL , just sayin , 

oh and that blade of grass might be a bloc of ice these days 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 2:39pm
The Ruskies would send their own "Eskimo" tribe people. We're on a par there..but they don't got ENFIELDS!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 12:20pm
Actually, Hosers is a term of endearment for Canadians!! Bob and Doug McKenzie, eh?? Also, remember, the only official branch of the world wide military, to my knowledge, that still officially uses the Lee Enfield, which we all worship, is our very own Northern Rangers!! They live in this weather all the time! Man, these women and men are tough! God help the Ruskies if they come over from the north!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 11:46am
Hey Hoadie....I resemble that remark! lol
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 9:28am
Yep! All Hosers identuify with it.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 9:26am
I believe that song is Manitoba's National Anthem!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 9:23am
I have a theory that the "Rodeo Song" was written for folks on the prairies in winter.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 9:22am
Snow in the AM, 70 degrees in the afternoon & snow again overnight.
"Just like an English Summer" (If you don't like the weather just wait, it'll change in 5 minutes anyway)!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 8:07am
I just ran out to the garage to start the wife's truck. -32C, -42C with the wind. Global warming, where are you???
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 7:08am
Well, they are now, again! went from plus 12 C to minus 20C (w/o windchill) in 4 hrs. During the warm spell, we had rain - lots of it. When the temps went down that turned to freezing rain, then ice..then snow..& blew it all round. Came out of the north. My front door is facing north. It is completely frozen shut. Can't open from inside or out.
Methinks I'll go to the beer store & get enuf to wait it all out.
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 6:54am
Shamu,

Now that's a Good one!

Hoadie,
I maybe should have said I'd never seen a dog in a teeshirt in This Weather.....  Expect them to be wearing winter woollies...  :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic