Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

its winter here - or is it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 2:39pm
The Ruskies would send their own "Eskimo" tribe people. We're on a par there..but they don't got ENFIELDS!
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 7:56pm
really - why not , if the ruskies come they were propped up by us , lets hit them with what we have - oh yea thats what will happen , we still have nearly every countrys arm in our assorted collections and yes we have ammo , 

as japan once observed of america [our candaian cousins included even tho their laws are more restrictive ] there is a rifle behind every blade of grass , and no matter how our media might portray us we are not idiots with firearms , MANY OF US ARE MARKSMAN, WITH THE RIGHT TOOL , just sayin , 

oh and that blade of grass might be a bloc of ice these days 
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 8:54pm
The Rangers have just changed over to (or are in the process of changing over to) the Colt something or other, a Finnish design rifle, but our threat comes not from Rusky North but from a group much worse,
They spend a lot of time in Ottawa....  
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2018 at 10:55pm
hmmmm , ive never been there so im assuming im not your threat , government types leap to mind - we share that , as do much of the rest of the world - its why there are so many 'refugees' their government stinks and makes their country unlivable - gotta go somewhere that has less problemsome government ,

we get some of that , these days a lot of that , our government used to enforce our laws , now they just want to make criminals of the honest citizens that work and pay taxes , trying to change that but not holding out much hope for permanent change , 

i bought an 1851 navy colt and an 1860 army colt this weekend , both black powder so they will ship direct [even tho they are modern versions they are still antiques] to my door , there was a time i could have had an enfield shipped direct to my door when i was younger , the country was younger , i thought i was smart then , now i am and think im still learning , i had hoped the country had gotten smarter - silly me , it is an incentive to get smarter [learn something new every day] just so you know where everything is at in life , 

sorry bout the soap box , sometimes age gets the better of me ...im still above ground and ill give in when i read my obituary in the paper , 

side note - i outlived my grandfather that retired at 65 and died a year later , id like to outlive my father that made it to 76 , but id most like to outlive my mother that made 86 and died on jan 9th one day before her birthday , i swear she didnt want that extra year added to her obituary , i on the other hand - at this point in time - want to add whatever good time i can , 

now im really rambling - sorry 

LIFE IS GOOD 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 5:08am
A SQ: I have come to note that people are born & die alphabetically.(If you don't believe that, pick up a newspaper - any newspaper. Go to the "hatched, matched & dispatched" section) See?! All alphabetically.

So, if you want to live a long life, figure out what time of day (or night) the reaper comes for the "S" people..& hide (like under the bed etc.) Problem solved!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 5:00pm
that sounds good - think ill keep that in mind 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 5:19pm
I am so upset.

My last name is almost at the start of the alphabet.

One day I heard a knock on the door and when I opened it was Death standing there.

I looked at him and he looked at me. Next Death looked at his watch, then in his book of death dates.

Them he ask my a question, " Are you a friend of Hoadie"?

Yes I said I was.

Death gave me the middle finger and said " no way am I going to be seen with you".

Next he just turned and walked away.

Thanks Hoadie!?
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic