State of the book...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State of the book...
    Posted: January 18 2018 at 7:24pm
thats what is fun on this site we bounce around a bit but always care of the original topic even if we never get back to it , we might one day ...just sayin , 

ill get you my info this year for certain as im now digging deep enough into my rifles to get to them and get photos for you , mines probably not gonna be of much interest as a mkI/3 but it is a malyby 
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2018 at 6:29pm
Bear,

I'll let you know when the thread gets back to your book!  LOL.

I think you have a photo or 2 of mine, is that correct?

Richard.

Steak & kidney pie, and pork pies! can't get 'em so I makes 'em.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2018 at 4:25am
Originally posted by paddyofurniture paddyofurniture wrote:

Join the kill it and eat it club.

I am a member of this club and also the kill it and grill it as well.

Its true! Paddy IS a member of that group..but he doesn't ice-fish any more. He went ice fishing & brought back 20 lbs of ice! Then he got upset cuz his wife didn't know how to cook it!! .

ZING!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2018 at 12:36pm
Join the kill it and eat it club.

I am a member of this club and also the kill it and grill it as well.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2018 at 10:11am
Actually, I've also had Robin. While working down south, worked with alot of people from Louisiana. They swore it was the best tasting game bird! I reminded them where I was from it wasn't a game bird, and I believe protected. All I got was blank stares, not comprehending the idea of not being able to shoot anything then eat it!! They were good pals.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2018 at 9:49am
During the Great Depression people used to eat robin pie as well.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2018 at 9:37am
Ate dove quite a bit when working in the southern US. Is good, suspect pigeon would be similar. Me thinks same family? My mom takes about eating pigeon and squirrel on the farm in Manitoba, late '20's early '30's.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2018 at 9:31am
Thx hoadie that would be great!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2018 at 5:13am
I get good Bllod Sausage here. I'll get the name of the packer for ya. (I just can't remember it rite now. ) I do remember they are a Federally Inspected plant. My dad likes it too. Reminds him of the blood sausage his Irish mother made back on the farm during the depression. (She would make it whenever they slaughtered a pig.) He also misses her pigeon pie!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2018 at 8:20pm
I love black pudding! In French it's called 'boudain'. I grew up eating that stuff. Hard to find out here in BC though. Mashed potatoes and gravy and you have a meal!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2018 at 8:05pm
my grandfather used to have it with boiled cabbage ever friday night - that was the most disgusting smell , i loved my scotish grandparents but hated visiting on fridays , NO i never tried it after the first time , you just cant make this right in my book , 

ill take the two or three pints of dark beer tho , 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2018 at 9:21am
I've never tried haggis but would in a minute. I do believe our local British butcher just out of town makes it. He does have sheep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2018 at 8:38am
Nothing like a large plate of Haggis.

With a pint or two of dark beer.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 3:40pm
bear , as soon as i finish with the 22 cabinet and the US Military handguns box ill dig into the gun closset for mine 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 2:27pm
Absolutely! My wife hasn't cooked a meal in 30 years! One of my go-to comfort foods is Steak and Kidney Pie! Yum! I first tasted it in '86 when our rugby club toured England and Wales for two weeks. That, and black pudding! Luckily we have a British butcher just out of town that still makes black pudding.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 2:02pm
HT:

Cant U cook 4 yourself?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic