Wanted: No. 9 South African Bayonet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted: No. 9 South African Bayonet
    Posted: February 08 2018 at 7:25pm
yes , there are no9s that have the blade of the no5&7 bowie style drop point  , there are also the no9s with the blade of the US no4-5-6-7 spear point , i do not have the SA version yet , but not really looking for it either , dont have an SA rifle , 

i do have a US no4 , 6 &7 yet as well as the 9 that is back to resembling the commonwealth no5 , its all a tad confusing if your only looking for one , but when you were looking for them all it came into perspective , i was and for a time was close within a time zone of a couple hundred years , 

i do have the FAL blade that looks like that 
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2018 at 12:24pm
Zed, Uzi blade, plastic scabbard.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2018 at 11:26am
Thanks for posting that Terry Lee. 
I was wondering what the difference was compared to the UK version. Is the scabbard cast metal or plastic?

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2018 at 7:33am
South African No.9

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 7:04pm
i think he wants to match the bayo to a SA rifle that he owns , not trying to put words in the OPs mouth but that was my read , i have seen SA marked no9s and they are out there if that is the intent , otherwise these guys are offering items that are correct for your rifle , 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 4:10pm
it also allows for the bayo to be withdrawn from your victim. Otherwise the suction would resist your attempts to pull it out.
The tri-conered bayo (like the ones used in the Un-Civil War) have 3 blood gutters, & will actually go thru you slicker than snot on a door knob!The body has difficulty healing from a triangular wound..so a relatively slight would will cause a lot of bleeding..thats why they were "outlawed" @ Geneva Convention
Loose wimmen tightened here
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 3:12pm
Now that's a knife! Been laughed at by buddies when I say the "blood groove" was made to strengthen the blade (think I beam) and to lighten it.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 2:31pm
Anyone know the info on the No 9 bayo stampings?
There isn't much on mine, but there is an "A" stamped into it, & what appears to be:     -5
                   B

and another small, faint stamp, that looks like a Mazda emblem.

..you recon they are just armourer's stamps, or a manufaturer's id?
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 2:10pm
Nasty looking bit of kit that! Very much like a jungle carbine bayonet.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 11:40am
So do I..& mine is up for grabs.(Still has some cosmo on it)I don't have the web, tho
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 11:22am
I don't know what's special about a South African No9 bayonet!
But I do have a British No9 bayonet for that rifle.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Dux-R-Us View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dux-R-Us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2018 at 6:01pm
to match SAN Faz 1948   No 4 Mk I

thanks
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic