Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What’s the best Lee-Enfield rifle movie?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 9:41am
I'll go with "a bridge too far." It even has a (i hope) fake PIAT launch!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 9:43am
German Panzer crossing the bridge!! "Wait for it! Don't lose him, lads!" (Sound of a really big spring releasing). Great scene!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 6:19pm
iremeber that one - yes it left an immpression , 
Pavia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pavia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 4:36pm
“I’m sorry. We just can’t accept your surrender at this time...”
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 5:52am
Gallipolli...
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 8:56am
I want to that one!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 1:03pm
Watched another years ago. Rented from the VHS store. Another early Mel Gibson. Attack Force Z. I believe they were Australian SAS in the jungles. If memory serves me right, the majority carried what I think we're silenced Stens. I'm hoping there was a Lee Enfield rifle in there, too!😀
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 1:40pm
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 2:38pm
Watching a good Netflix series "Our World War". Tommies true life stories of WW1. Lots of SMLE's. Always got a kick out of the Monty Python skit set in WW1 wear their in the trenches deciding what to give one of the guys for a gift. I think they all had clocks!!! Funny!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 6:32am
It's not the best Enfield movie by a long shot but,it does have one of the best looking sporterized Enfield with a thumbhole stock. Hey Goosic,what movie would that be? That would be Crocodile Dundee...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 7:48am
"That's not a knife!!" Dundee had a sweet sporter and I believe Goosic was whittling one of equal beauty!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 7:28am
I forgot to say Star Wars! The Jawa Ion Blasters
Long ago,in a galaxy far far away. There was a group of vertically challenged individuals with Enfield rifles...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 7:32am
Might want to look closer at the bandolier too. Cringe worthy to think of how many iconic pieces of history we're chopped up to inhance the flavor of a movie...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 8:16am
How about the Ghost and the Darkness? I believe Val Kilmer had a BSA Lee-Speed Sporter.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 8:18am
They weren't cut down at all!
Nope, really, they were specially-made L-E's designed to throw smoke grenades from AFV's

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/98/75/b5/9875b5114dabd565bb01cc81c323e37d--smiley-museum.jpg
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 8:54am
KOKODA..Tons of L/E (maltbys) in that one.

Then theres always: Dad's Army
Loose wimmen tightened here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic