Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No 4 Mk2 vs No5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No 4 Mk2 vs No5
    Posted: February 03 2018 at 5:17am
Buddy once told me I had an amazing grasp of the obvious. I'll prove it to you. Yesterday I was cleaning my No4 Mk2 sniper clone. I then proceeded to clean my #5. I had never really noticed it before but I was blown away by the weight difference! I'm pretty sure I know which one I'd like to lug across Europe and in the jungles!!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 7:07am

This one weighs 12.6 lbs
This one weighs 6.2 lbs
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 7:37am
I really miss my No 5. My first time realizing the weight difference was the first time I fired it. I was used to my SMLE's so was surprised by the increased recoil.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 12:05pm
Sounds right.
When I build a rifle for some reason it usually ends up at 11 1/2~ 12 Lbs. I don't aim for that weight, just build what I think i need, but it seems to be some kind of magic point, for me at least. Most of my rifles are full patch military Surplus types & so the 11~12Lbs seems "natural" to me. Then I found the No5! I was afraid I was going to break something it felt so light at first.Shocked
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 3:29pm
No 5's are a great thing..if only I could hit something with it!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 4:10pm

As soon as I get paid next week,I will be the proud owner of this No5. I asked to see the receiver and everything else with a stamping on it. It has all the right stampings and lightening cuts. It's the real thing. $400.00 US dollars and it comes with a soft case and 100 boolits...
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 4:53pm
ooh nice. Methinks you scored well, as I haven't seen these rifles come down in price any...or rise in availability.

Well done!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 5:03pm
If the Enfield rifle is in good condition and not hacked to bits,I'll pay the 500+ bucks for it.
Everytime I've seen a Jungle Carbine,it's missing pieces and they want 750.00,a lung ,and a kidney for it.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 5:12pm
You did well on that price. The No 5 does run high. Heck, when I bought mine about 7 years ago I paid $450 for it and it had issues. So, well done!
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 5:43pm
I get three good shots in row with mine and then the barrel warms up and it starts to pattern like a shotgun
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 6:50pm
I actually shot one of mine today using 180 SP Remington core-lokt iron sights. Put 10 rounds through it and all 10 hit the target at about 75 or so yards. That rifle is very accurate but even better is the performance is repeatable shot after shot.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 12:52am
Two wall-hangers with an assistant wall-hanger, and  so long as I have access to a half decent No.4 they will never be promoted!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic