Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project Deer Slayer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Deer Slayer
    Posted: February 04 2018 at 10:19am

I am currently working on a new No4 Mk2 project.
I located a receiver and I'm almost positive that this is not what it seems. The numbers are wrong. Doesn't matter to me anyways. I have a new No1 MkIII barrel,a new Bushnell Banner scope with rings,S&K scope mount,and a new old stock FAJEN 90percent inletted stock. I bought the receiver and not the story and now my journey begins.
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 1:53pm
You have a No.4 Mk.2 receiver? What do you intend to do with the No.1 Mk.III barrel?
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 2:04pm
I screwed it into the receiver, reindexed the barrel to accept the extractor claw,cut the appropriate notch to accept the extractor claw,and then rescrewed the barrel back into the receiver.

Headspace has been checked and rechecked. So far,so good.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 2:15pm
englishman_ca.
Except for final fit and finish of the stock and some minor touch up on the metal finish,this is the final product. The complexity of fitting a No1 MkIII barrel onto a No4 receiver are not what some may think. It takes a little time and a little patience,some cutting and filing,and finally,make sure the headspace is correct and you're good to go.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 2:37pm
Just wondered. I have done it once, but going the other way, with putting a No.4 barrel on a Sht.LE as a heavy target barrel.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 2:45pm
So you've saved some weight on the sporter by using the lighter No1 barrel?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 3:08pm
The lighter barrel and I didn't want to cut any length off it either. It's making contact with the stock from the barrel knox forward,all the way to the nosecap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 3:32pm
Very nice proportions Goosic. I reminds me very much of the classic Lee Speed sporters of yesteryear. 
I like it. We have similar tastes.

Good call. It would not look right with a heavy No.4 barrel.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 4:38pm
I can't wait to finish the stock. I'm not staining it,just putting a semi gloss clear coat.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic