Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The collection grows...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The collection grows...
    Posted: February 09 2018 at 3:07pm
I got the issue with the pistol sorted out. It's good to go.
So,this is what I've got to date. I'm liking my little treasure trove of Enfield goodies...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 3:25pm
Sweet. I found the sniper scrim, but they wanted $50 plus heavy shipping. For a scarf!
Censored
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 5:23pm
nice , glad you got the no2 fixed , you need a holster and bely with braces and pouches to go with it , along with a sling for that fine rifle 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 6:54pm
I'll put the sling on it a snap a pic of it. It's a nice one. Had a saddle shop here make it. Looks identical to an original.
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2018 at 6:52am
Great looking set. Something to be proud of.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2018 at 7:29pm
is it a copy of the US sling ? 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2018 at 7:35pm

I believe it is.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2018 at 7:59pm
yup - thatrs the one i was thinking it would be M1907 IIRC , i see it has the brass claws of the early vesions , the later WWII ones had steel claws , these were the go-to for our marines and snipers , probably the best known and most used sling from 1907 through the korean war , 

i personally prefer the M1917 Kerr no-buckle sling , its a canvas type , works on a similar system but a bit easier to use , they were made in lengths for the M1917 [american enfield] in WWI as well as the M1903 rifles in WWI and the thompson machine gun in WWII , 

but the really complicated one was the webb M1923 sling , its a cool sling but a real puzzle to assemble correctly and difficult to use , 
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2018 at 8:07pm
Gossic, it does look like the M1907 sling. I have to admit, the Americans got that right, especially if you target shoot 🙂.

Looks like you need to reroute the sling so the lower short strap does not go thru the lower keeper. To shoot Prone, you unhook the short strap hook (frog) and pull it down to form a small loop at the rear swivel. The arm then fits thru the loop formed from the upper strap above the D ring and slide both keepers down to the bicept to close the loop.

Now the Marine marksmen out there are going to yell at me...

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2018 at 8:07pm
I've got a Kerr coming to me. Going to use it on the No5.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2018 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by britrifles britrifles wrote:

Gossic, it does look like the M1907 sling. I have to admit, the Americans got that right, especially if you target shoot 🙂.

Looks like you need to reroute the sling so the lower short strap does not go thru the lower keeper. To shoot Prone, you unhook the short strap hook (frog) and pull it down to form a small loop at the rear swivel. The arm then fits thru the loop formed from the upper strap above the D ring and slide both keepers down to the bicept to close the loop.

Now the Marine marksmen out there are going to yell at me...

I keep it like this for the time being. The leather still needs to be softened so more. Still to stiff to get it to bend properly...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 5:14am
Goosic, whats the "tool" in the bottom right that looks like its sitting on a glove?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 5:34am
Yes. I'm curious also. Does it open up and become wire cutters or branch cutters to make a line of fire from concealment?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 1:09pm
1944 wire cutters. The handles fold up.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 2:32pm
Figured! Trimming a line of fire from a hidey-hole!
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 5:00pm
You have way to much time on your hands.

...................Beer.............
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic