Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

School shootings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

I did not realize your No5 had a cheek piece. Do you mount a scope on it or just lines your eye up better to the appature?

No scope,just a better sight picture for me. I wasn't going to put the cheek piece on until my girlfriend asked me if it was for the No5 as she put it on the stock and it fit perfectly without any fit or finish work. I'm never selling the rifle,it goes to my kids when I'm done on this rock,and it's my back up deer rifle now...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 1:33pm
"These are all exempted from the list of weapons systems they want to ban. "
For now.
Then its going to be "assault pistols"
then "sniper rifles"
One thing I know for sure, they always want more, no matter how much we appease them.

NO MORE!Angry
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 1:37pm
Goosic, I like the look of the No5! Did a cheek piece for a No4 fit? I'm like you, wanting to use my No5.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 1:43pm
Shamu, you are right. They target shotgunners, bird hunters saying, who needs a pistol or an assualt rifle? The shotgunners don't. Then they go to the assault rifle or pistol fans, who needs a semi auto shotgun? They don't. Once the crack the armour, throw in a bit of "grandfathering" one or two generations from now there won't be a fire arm in North America. Except of course for the bad guys and the military. THEN you have complete control of the population.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

Goosic, I like the look of the No5! Did a cheek piece for a No4 fit? I'm like you, wanting to use my No5.

I had a spare I had purchased from Numrich Gun Parts for my No4. It fit on there like it was supposed to be there. I took a deep breath and then drilled two holes into an original No5 Mk1 stock and screwed the cheek piece on...
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 2:59pm
Off topic by my own admission but #5 furniture reproductions are forthcoming by this summer of 2018. Made of dark walnut.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 6:20am
I think the biggest issue might be the much more hollowed out guts of the no5 stock! How much wood thickness is there at the top?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 8:11am
About a half inch but,that is until it gets to where the bolt goes through,it's thicker there.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 8:38am
Goosic. Who is making these No5 stocks?
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 4:33pm
i just dont see where there is room in interpretation for any gun laws at all --

"SECOND AMMENDMENT TEXT AS FINALLY RATIFED & ADOPTED (FROM WIKIPEDIA):

The House voted on September 21, 1789 to accept the changes made by the Senate, but the amendment as finally entered into the House journal contained the additional words "necessary to":

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[118]

On December 15, 1791, the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments to the Constitution) was adopted, having been ratified by three-fourths of the states. "

Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 5:02pm
Honkytonk, Ralph Shaw in Yukon is making them using a CNC program and a stock replicator machine. He is also making #1/MK3 and #4/MK1 stocks all in walnut. Top quality work!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 6:19pm
Thanks Canuck! Keep us posted when production hits the market and where these pieces will be available!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 6:24pm
A Square... Not to give American lawyers a bad wrap, but I suspect on September 22, 1789, some bleeding heart liberal group had employed a barrister to launch the first of many challenges to the 2nd Amendment.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 8:21pm
i dont doubt that , but we have resisted this long , and succeeded beyond what most societies can claim , there is a reason , 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic