Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Bayonets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SMLE WW1 bayonet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sc-em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 8:08am
Well, I am pleased to say i am now the owner of the Skennerton book and the Enfield bayonet. See photos attached. I trust you guys will agree the marking are accurate to the description. I have no reason to doubt the chap,
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 11:47am
Well done! A very nice First World War bayonet. Now to look for a similar SMLE, preferably also made by Enfield. But please, if possible, not one that has been deactivated!

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 12:23pm
Excellent! I'm glad your happy with what you got. As I mentioned in a previous post; I've bought stuff at the shop in Colchester and always had good service. It's a small shop, but crammed to the rafters with stuff. Well worth a visit if your in the area.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
sc-em View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sc-em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 1:14pm
You're right. i just need to sort my FAC out and get a genuine shooter to match the bayonet. I have put some enquiries out to see where I may get one once I have passed my shooting club probation and got the Fire Arms Certificate.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2018 at 8:31pm
congrats - a fine piece and you will do fine on the rifle as well , you are asking all the right questions 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic