Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield transit chest dimensions (plan)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enfield transit chest dimensions (plan)
    Posted: March 20 2018 at 6:42am
Hi, does anyone have dimensions plan of the chest? I've got an Enfield n.7 and I'de like to build a chest reproduction. I found a picture of plan on the net but, unfortunely, it's blurred and i'm not able to read clearly dimensions indicated. Thanks in advance for your help. Salut!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2018 at 4:48pm
crap , i lost mine in the first photobucket crash , i had great copy of details , but ....i found them out here somewhere so i know you can find them , i bet simon 'englishman' has them or knows where to get them , 

i will look in my files and see if i still have paper copies tucked away somewhere , 

i wonder if Brian at BDL LTD has them ? 
http://bdlltd.com/   https://webpages.uidaho.edu/stratton/parts.htm

or maybe Peter has them ?
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2018 at 6:13pm
I couple years ago I made a post here of the proper Enfield rifle shipping crates. (They also shipped the bayos with them).
Dennis Walker had a number of the piled out back of his place..so I took pics & measurements. You will have to scroll back a ways to find it now - cause I didn't keep the info.
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2018 at 7:48pm

Will this work?
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2018 at 8:12pm
The stuff I posted wasn't for the model "T". It was a proper shipping crate of Enfields.

But U must have got the wires crossed, because I wasn't the one looking for the info
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2018 at 8:46pm
I apologise if I overstepped a boundary here
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 4:39am
not at all.
IIRC, the shipping crates I posted were marked with Aus markings, & I THINK they housed 10 Enfields & bayos.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 5:17am
I think this is a bit sharper. For best effect copy/past it into a graphics program & view it at about 125%

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 5:20am
Beppe: Let me know if this is any better. I didn't realize there was another version floating around before.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Beppe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 8:34am
Hi everybody!!!
Thank you very much for your super precious interventions...
Unfortunely I still have some problem to read each number of the plan.. Is there a solution to get them better? Peraps depends on the way of visualising them on my pc? Am I the only one to have this problem?

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 1:17pm
The problem is its been copied so many times its beginning to just disintegrate. My best attempt was by printing it on to "regular" 8 1/2 X11" paper at actual size, not filling the paper, & just staring at it.WackoConfused
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 8:53am
I have No7 box holder in storage in CT.

Do you can me to ship it to you, if you will return it, so you can mass produce them?
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 11:37am
Oohh! You're shipping a shipping crate to Naples! Wow That's going to be expensive!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 6:38pm
well, you know Paddy...Always willing to help
(I rather suspect he'll ask for a lifetime supply of spaghetti in the deal, tho
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2018 at 7:21pm
i think it a definete positive to someone that might provide copys for those looking for them , 
Beppe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 11:55pm
Thanks Shamu for your generous idea. But it's going to be to complicate obviously..
Anyway, of course, if you're coming in Naples let me know, you'll find a friend!
I think i'll try to build a crate around my n.7 by taking estetical inspiration from the plan published and from pictures..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic