Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New entry! Training rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New entry! Training rifle
    Posted: April 06 2018 at 2:52am

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2018 at 7:39pm
really nice looking trainer , would like to see more of the wrist - you left off all of the markings save the sold out of service arrows , looks to be a very fine example , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2018 at 7:44pm
I would trade my Maltby and one of my Custom No4's for a .22 Enfield trainer
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2018 at 7:47pm
im no longer trading to get one but i understand your desire ....

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2018 at 9:24pm
I want the No8.
I would actually be willing to trade my Marlin 39A,the Maltby,a JC Higgins bolt action 20 gauge shotgun,and my Santa Fe Special No4.
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2018 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Goosic Goosic wrote:

I want the No8.
I would actually be willing to trade my Marlin 39A,the Maltby,a JC Higgins bolt action 20 gauge shotgun,and my Santa Fe Special No4.

You would have to trade a kidney, both arms and your soul to the devil. to get one.
It is distressing that they have recently been taken out of service and the  UK Government has decided that they must all be destroyed.
The reasoning is that they don't want the public to have access to 'Military Rifles'. So we can't have a single shot 50 year old .22 but there is no problem with a semi automatic copy of an AK47 etc.

I am after one to case with my Envoy but I would be more successful seeking the Holy Grail.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Beppe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2018 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

really nice looking trainer , would like to see more of the wrist - you left off all of the markings save the sold out of service arrows , looks to be a very fine example , 

Here we are...

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2018 at 6:56pm
destruction is the worst - we all would treasure them , 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 4:33am
That's a very nice example of the No2 MkIV. They generally shoot very well.
Goosic, I have 2x No8's as well as a No2MkIV*, but I'm not trading. But they do come up for sale occasionally in France.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 6:20am
A friend of mine is an armourer for the ATC (Air Training Corps.) they hold most of them. He has been trying desperately to get one for himself with no luck. He has put a number of the best to one side but holds out no hope.

The stupidity of Government Officials is beyond belief. There are thousands of rifles that could go into the trade at about £500 each but instead they will pay someone to destroy them.
Anyone wanting to add a .22 to his certificate must buy an imported one, what good will that do for the national coffers?

It is not just the shooter who is being ripped off it is every taxpayer in the UK.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 12:39pm
Sounds like my two have just gone up in value Stanforth! 
It's difficult to understand the stupidity of destroying such a heritage. Both financially and historically. Obviously the decision of some no brain anti- everything knob!
How difficult would it be to import one to the UK? i was told that single shot .22 rifles were less complicated to import to France from the UK, so it may be the same exporting to UK. But get it done before Brexit!!
If you are seriously looking for one ; let me know bye-mail.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 1:16pm
I will make enquiries.
islandguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 6:22pm
Deleted
islandguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 6:25pm
[QUOTE=Zed]That's a very nice example of the No2 MkIV. They generally shoot very well.
Goosic, I have 2x No8's as well as a No2MkIV*, but I'm not trading. But they do come up for sale occasionally in France.
[/QUOTE

Zed, how would the No8's have made their way to France in the first place? I'm still trying to figure out how the ones that ended up in Canada got here.
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2018 at 4:10am
Originally posted by islandguy islandguy wrote:

Originally posted by Stanforth Stanforth wrote:

A friend of mine is an armourer for the ATC (Air Training Corps.) they hold most of them. He has been trying desperately to get one for himself with no luck. He has put a number of the best to one side but holds out no hope.

Pardon my impertinence, but if your ATC friend has that level of access to those firearms, he probably has the power to make a few of them disappear. It would be the correct thing to do, and he would earn himself a special place in the heaven of his choice. A few years ago, I was the beneficiary of such an act of kindness, and was, is, and ever shall be grateful.

He is NOT a thief.
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2018 at 4:47am
Pretty Sht.22 Mk.IV. Yours is not exactly as per factory issue in that they came without a magazine body fitted. 

The jump to Mk.IV* in 1924(?) was the fitting of the mag body. Hardly a modification for which it was worth getting the stamps out.

Yours is rare amongst the rare birds, in that very few escaped the stamps and remain marked as Mk.IV.

Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic