Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New entry! Training rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2018 at 11:35am
Thanks Englishman! I've something new today; excellent!

Islandguy; If you knowingly bought or received a stolen firearm in Europe or UK; you would loose all of your firearms and most certainly be arrested.
So an expensive legal weapon is always cheaper than a free stolen one!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2018 at 11:39am
Some inspiration for Goosic! 

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2018 at 12:20pm
Love the look of those rifles.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2018 at 8:21pm
beautiful , a mk IV , and another mk IV* , and both 1915s , congrats to both of you , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 6:33am
You makin' me jealous.Cry
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 7:25am
I'm inspired. I would almost consider trading my One Off,Faux No4 for a good No8
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 9:24am
Oh I'd do that in a heartbeat!
No8s go for well over a grand here so heck yeah I'd trade a $550 No 4 for one.
Hug
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:13am
Over here they are listed for between £900 and £1200 (I will let you do the conversion based on where you are) but that is for very good ones.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 4:50pm
i never see the no 8 here or i would have one but then ive not seen a long lee trainer or i would have that as well , 

congrats to you who do , 
Eddie Parks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Parks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 9:52am
The very best bit of that rifle is the brass butt tally. Antrim USC stands for Co Antrim, Northern Ireland, Ulster Special Constabulary - in other words the much revered (or hated) B Specials.

A real museum piece!

Eddie
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 4:46pm
i respect that , 
Eddie Parks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Parks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 1:58am
It also links in with the modern day story of small bore rifle shooting here in Northern Ireland in that most of todays rifle clubs have their roots in the old B Specials rifle clubs and in some cases are still using their old ranges. The chances are, judging by the quality of the engraving on the disk that this rifle was the private property of a B Specials ( also known as Bee Men) club rather than an issue rifle. In any case I am so pleased to see it. Its just a pity its no longer in NI.
Beppe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 9:14am
Thanks Eddie!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic