Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dating Rhino & Hoadie's shared GF.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

...If you count the rowboats

And dinghies too.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Macd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by paddyofurniture paddyofurniture wrote:

Hoadie,

You are right.

My unc!e was in the 101 RAF.

With respect No6 Group was an RCAF formation not an RAF one. It was attached to Bomber Command. By 1945 it is true that 25% of all bomber crews were RCAF so flying in a RAF formation was common. There were RCAF manned squadrons in other RAF groups as there were RAAF and NZ as well as Free French and Polish. Not being a smarta$$ just trying to get it historically correct.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 8:44pm
she is a beautiful sight , i do love seeing all these old bombers still flying , i am inclined to think the largest payloads were the B29s but i admit to not knowing for certain , and since ya-all are talking european theater equipment ill not dwell on it , 

my father was also in bombers , this was a fun read and great photos , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 9:10pm
The Confederate Air Force out here at Falcon Field has a B-17G and for roughly $450.00 you can go for a 45 minute flight
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2018 at 7:21pm
Dad was aboard "our Baby" , tail number A square 10 , hardstand on saipan , left waist gunner , i have not posted a photo for a while - my avitar got lost in the photobucket crash ...GLAD to see someone else still calls it the confederate air force in these overly PC times 

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2018 at 7:39pm
ah - i see my avitar is back - that is A square 10 on the cover of yank , with a crew photo as well , my father is in the front row but most of those young men look similar - all were young 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic