Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is This Worth It? (No1 Mk3)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuserAim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

That is screwed in a long way! How is the lock screw even bearing on it?
Is it fixable, sure worst case you replace the cocking piece & the firing pin & fit for correct protrusion.
Hmm ok. Is it just me or does that cocking piece look a bit odd? Maybe it has to do with being a serviced one? (I'm new to this but I'm trying ) Also kinda looks like a type D I found online.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 6:31pm
"..One day I want to add an SSA and NRF to the collection but they don't come up often and when they do they are in poor condition with a crazy price tag. One day...."  me too - i found my dispersal early on but these have alluded me in good enough condition to but , also atill looking for that mkVI too
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 6:41pm
The one Enfield I definitely wouldn't mind spending a little money on would be a trials rifle.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 6:48pm
the mkV ? they show up from time to time , there were 20K of these produced , it is a fact that lots got issued after dunkirk to resupply , but i know of some excellent examples and save for the coin in mine where the marking disc belongs she is complete and correct , 

the mkVI is actually a transitional rifle , there are not so many of those to find , these are forerunner of the no4 with little changes like the stock checkering to give them away , 
NuserAim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuserAim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

"..<span style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb248, 248, 252;">One day I want to add an SSA and NRF to the collection but they don't come up often and when they do they are in poor condition with a crazy price tag. One day...."  me too - i found my dispersal early on but these have alluded me in good enough condition to but , also atill looking for that mkVI too</span>
Slightly off topic, but I'd like to see pics of some others' favorite enfields in their collection if you guys have linked them in the past somewhere.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 7:25pm
Nice.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2018 at 7:26pm
Hey. Let know when I can come get that from you okay.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 1:43pm
Looking at the photo of the cocking piece; I assume the tip of the firing pin has been reworked and the pin has been unscrewed one thread to make up the lost material.  Best to replace the firing pin.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
NuserAim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuserAim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 1:56pm
Update: Drove two hours after having set up this meet a week in advance to only learn that the dude flaked. He never showed up. I had to drive two hours home empty-handed.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 3:58pm
He may have done you a favor.
Evil Smile
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
NuserAim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuserAim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2018 at 8:54pm
Yeah probably. Still having a hard time finding a WW1 era SMLE in a decent price range
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 7:07pm
"Slightly off topic, but I'd like to see pics of some others' favorite enfields in their collection if you guys have linked them in the past somewhere."

i dont have much anymore after photobucket crashes -

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2018 at 8:57pm
This is my small ensemble...
Cottage Hill Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cottage Hill Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2018 at 7:43am
See this thread about using a mismatched bolt that has not been properly set up to the receiver.

It is not anywhere near as simple as just sticking any old bolt in an heading off to the range.
https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=64551&p=430068#post430068
NuserAim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuserAim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2018 at 12:49pm
Those bottom two are nice. What do you guys think about FTR rifles? Have the opportunity to buy one for 500.
NuserAim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuserAim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2018 at 4:30pm
Thanks for that link Bill! This completely changed the way I look at these rifles. A couple hundred bucks is definitely not worth a lifetime without half my face.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic