Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is This Worth It? (No1 Mk3)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 5:47am
There's nothing wrong with an FTR rifle. Its a factory rebuild to like new specs.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
NuserAim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuserAim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 6:36am
Some people were telling me it devalued the rifle though, but I personally think having it looked over that meticulously would at the very least make it a safer shooter.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 6:44am
In all honesty you'll be lucky to find a WW1 SMLE that Isn't FTR'd!
I'd ignore daft talk like that, perhaps for a newer, late WW2 gun, but not for an antique.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 11:25am
I don't believe mine was.(1916 BSA)
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 1:23pm
Wow, that's a keeper.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by NuserAim NuserAim wrote:

Those bottom two are nice. What do you guys think about FTR rifles? Have the opportunity to buy one for 500.

The rifle just above the pistol in those last two photos is a 1944 Maltby made No4 Mk1,FTR to a No4 Mk1/2 in 1952. Nothing wrong with it, actually made slightly better due to the consistent trigger pull now...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 6:57pm
FTR does not devalue the rifle - it brings it back to original spec , it might limit collectibility only because the original worn out parts were replaced by factory standard items , in essence you get a rifle just like out of the factory - no loss of quality at all , 

i have three FTRs , one is a no4 mkI/2 , one is a nkI*/3 , and one is a mkI-longbranch /2 [which is kinda special because they only made the mkI for a short time ...its a rare one , 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic