Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reloading the .303 British for accuracy at 100 yar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reloading the .303 British for accuracy at 100 yar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2018 at 6:56am
Re. re-sizing;
My 1923 Lithgow is so tight, I have to full length re-size brass for it if used in another rifle, and turn the case in the holder 3 times and size it again.  after the normal procedure, the case still does not fit.
Factory brass no problem though.  (1954 barrel)
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2018 at 10:00am
If you are indexing each fired case you just left service rifle competition and entered the dark world of BENCH REST.

...............LOL.............
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Dux-R-Us View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dux-R-Us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2018 at 3:52pm
http://ballistipedia.com/index.php?title=Closed_Form_Precision#Variance_Estimates

Interesting, albeit heady, discussion of accuracy and group sizes.   You can ignore the statistical math and still get the drift of the paper.  

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2018 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Pukka Bundook Pukka Bundook wrote:

Re. re-sizing;
My 1923 Lithgow is so tight, I have to full length re-size brass for it if used in another rifle, and turn the case in the holder 3 times and size it again.  after the normal procedure, the case still does not fit.
Factory brass no problem though.  (1954 barrel)

Try using a different set of dies. Borrow a set and try them.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic