Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canyon State Sante Fe 1941 Supreme Scope Mount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canyon State Sante Fe 1941 Supreme Scope Mount
    Posted: May 04 2018 at 11:28am
When I purchased my 1941 Supreme, it came minus the side Mount scope mount. Thanks original seller having taken it off. Does anyone here have the proper side mount and screws and wanting to part with them? Thanks in advance. Oldhand
Retired USAF, NRA life member
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 11:51am
Is the receiver top cut down like a Parker Hale?
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 12:07pm
Yes, I posted pics in this section.
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 12:11pm
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 12:14pm
Right side slightly different than yours
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 12:59pm
Give me the spacing between the holes, center to center,and I'll make you a mount. I have a Parker Hale scope mount but it's designed to fit over the ejector screw. I've made my own out of angle iron and aluminum in the past so,this is a no brainier for me.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 1:04pm
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 3:38pm
3/4 of an inch center hole to center hole. Thanks so much. Williams stop making the SM71 mount October of last year.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 3:44pm
I will private message you shortly.
I'm thinking we should meet half way on Casa Grande at the Dairy Queen...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 8:11pm
I took the one photo of yours and blew it up on my laptop. Took the necessary measurements and made your scope mount. I took the Parker Hale scope base and rings and fitted them to the mount.
It is not done. I still need to clean it up and blue it to match the base.
Here is what I have so far.
The center line of the scope base sits directly over the center of the bore.
So,there ya go...
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 8:15pm
Sent message before reading this post. We can do it either way just let me know.
looks great.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 8:50pm
It is done.
Sorry it took so long...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2018 at 8:01pm
im always impressed with your work , i may not be a proponent of choppingup military rifles but i do admire fine machining and mechanics - i think thats what drew me to military rifles to start with - the solution to the need has always interested me and i admire quality in the process even more 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2018 at 8:51pm
Thank you for that comment.
I do try to stay away from cutting up and modifying any full dressed Enfield however,there are some extenuating circumstances I have come across that required just that to keep the rifle functional. This rifle that Oldhand has is a Santa Fe, therefore,it has already been cut up,by Golden State Arms. I'm just assisting in making it a functional shooter once more...
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2018 at 7:06am
For those that may not know, the Williams Sight company that made the SM70 side mount for the Mark 1 and SM71 for the Mark 4, stopped making the SM71 last October. Had Goosic not stepped up to the plate I may have been up a creek. I don't have the tools are a workshop, so even though instructions to make one are available they would have done me no good.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2018 at 7:20am
I never knew there were instructions on how to make the side mount. When I was a teenager,my dad and mom took off for a weekend. Me and my buddy got it into our heads to steal my dad's Parker Hale for a day,unscrew the mount, disassemble my bed frame,make the appropriate cuts in the angle iron and make a mount. That was the very first time we cut the top of a receiver down to resemble a Parker Hale No4. It worked out better then we expected except that I had to weld a strip of metal to my bed frame so I didn't have to sleep on the floor that night...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic