Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TGIF Memorial Weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TGIF Memorial Weekend
    Posted: May 25 2018 at 7:44am
..........Wink.........

I have not had a TGIF post for some time but here is a wish for a safe weekend if your driving .

...........Cheers.........
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 10:20pm
we remember here , its going to be a mixed weekend for me - remebering those gone and celebrating with those that are still here , 
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2018 at 4:39pm
Lots of memories.....Beer

SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 5:49pm
Took my Longbranch to the rang after church today for some quality shooting, of course any time you shoot an Enfield it is quality shooting
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 5:50pm
I'll agree with that statement any day!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 4:13am
I took two of my Efields to our Regional competition; and I shot my worst ever score on both standard and modified class; about 40 point's off what I normally shoot with both rifles!!!
Using two different rifles is proof that I was just crap on Saturday!
I obviously had a problem with finding a regular, repeatable firing position.
I'll have to bury that score card and get some coaching to help iron out the fault's.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 5:07am
Proves once again we are all human. If it was always easy, it wouldn't be fun.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 7:22am
Some days are just that way, no real explaination for it. I know cause I’ve had them too.

It’s amazing how confidence plays a significant role, absolutely convince yourself that the next shot is an x, and it will be. By shear force of will, that bullet will go into the X ring!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 9:14am
Yup. One shot at a time, don't get psyched. Every shot an "X" ring. You can't redo that last one so analyze it, learn from it, forget it & move on.
Back when I shot serious fullbore we had a team deal, lowest score bought the first round. It removed all the tension about a low score by reducing it to "I'm NOT buying this shower pints again this year"!
Beer

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 11:54am
Well we quickly for what Memorial Day was about. Wacko
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 12:06pm
Yes MJ ! I apologies for derailing the post a bit. 

I was not aware that our shoot was on your memorial day.
When I read you thread I was happy to have been shooting my Enfield's on that day. 
In France we have the 8th of May for VE day and 11 November for the Armistice. We honour of all the Allied and American servicemen who gave their all for our freedom on those two dates.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 3:00pm
I will remember the 8th of May Zed.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 3:20pm
Sometimes we need to step outside our own little corner of the world, & appreciate everyone Else's piece of their little world.
If you want to see respect for the fallen I'd strongly suggest you tour the allied cemeteries in the  Brittany/Normandie areas.
They make Arlington look like it needs a bit of a birthday.
Then tour the Axis one.

Need a little more?
Go to  The Glade of the Armistice in Compiègne, just stand there for a while.
Either you'll get it or you won't.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 5:16pm
so my blood family is in iowa and all the graves are there , i seldom make that trip given the travel time and turbulence of this weekend here , we generally stay close and talk of the past a bit - remembering living time of those we have lost , 

we got up this morning and smoked a turkey , my wife likes to have it more than once a year , i invited gimp over to share the experience and the spoils , we enjoyed the afternoon , he cannot sweat as a quad so we made some accommodations with fan induced breezes , it was near dead calm here all day - in the nineties - but shade in my lawn is abundant , so it was tolerable , 

so he has been gone for about an hour and a half - suddenly its dark early , the wind just kicked up like a banshee and im hearing rumbling all around me , we will have a decent storm - hoping not to lose any trees as this wind is testing their root structure at the moment , 

whoops - dead calm again and the sky is green , sounds of a distant battle are ominous as well , now im getting hail - and rain , some flickering of the lights , i may lose contact soon , ill sign soon off now ,
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 12:54pm
After the early morning service and flag raising we served l BBQ till 3 PM.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 1:03pm
were you @ American Legion - or VFW, MJ ?
Loose wimmen tightened here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic