FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Magazines: what lube & how much

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hangman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magazines: what lube & how much
    Posted: June 04 2018 at 3:29pm
That's what I did.  I stripped the magazine, then completely cleaned everything out and degreased everything inside.  Then just applied a very thin coat of RemOil on a cotton patch and wiped dry.  Then reassembled.

Thanks!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 8:19am
Minimal oil.
I remove the spring & follower then wipe everything down with a lint free oily rag. (cut a 3" square from an old, well washed T-shirt.) Its more for rust prevention than anything but you do not want a dirt & grit trap in there caused by over lubing.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Hangman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2018 at 4:57pm
Fellas,

I took apart a magazine which came with my No. 1 Mk 3 SMLE

It was fairly coated with a heavy grease. Not sure if it was cosmoline or not. I took it apart and cleaned everything up. What type of lubrication and how much should be used in these magazines?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic