Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Father's Day!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Father's Day!
    Posted: June 17 2018 at 9:23am
Happy Father'S Day to all you Mother jumpers out there.

I raise my glass to you all.

God bless you and your families.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2018 at 9:37am
Same to you and all Dad's here on our site!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2018 at 10:35am
Had my dad's day yesterday.
My two sons took me out fer a lunch @ Silversmith Brewery.
These guys make awesome beer - even better than Rhino!!
Food was excellent as well!
Alas, time was short..so Thomas caught the train back to Tranna,& Robert had to pick up my grandson.
But it was a good day.
(Don't get to see my boys very often)
Loose wimmen tightened here
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2018 at 12:31pm
Thanks Hoadie. My 30 year old twin girls remembered! My wife of 37 years didn't. But I guess I'm not her father!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2018 at 2:02pm
my boys are 29 & 28.
Thomas likes the prairies.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2018 at 2:39pm
My son is 32. He’s the light of my life.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2018 at 4:31am
My girl is 7, she made remembered. We had a good weekend!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Had my dad's day yesterday.
My two sons took me out fer a lunch @ Silversmith Brewery.
These guys make awesome beer - even better than Rhino!!
Food was excellent as well!
Alas, time was short..so Thomas caught the train back to Tranna,& Robert had to pick up my grandson.
But it was a good day.
(Don't get to see my boys very often)

Hoadie, wait till you taste some of the Ciders I make, the one I made with the Logen Berry juice you sent me tastes great, and I am hoping to have a keg or two of True grit for you and Joe when ya come down to visit ...
As for Fathers Day, My Kids remembered , even though Megan and Doobie went to his Fathers to grill and visit, Boogie sent me a FB post but him and his new Girl went some place that they had been planning for ...  as for the Day , I spent it climbing in and out of the attic at the pink house pulling old wire out and replacing it with new wire and fixtures .... trying to get the brew room finished so I can start using the 17 gallon fermenter ....  cant ferment a good beer in this Louisiana heat !!! I need the AC going in the room, and I still have some insulating to do !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2018 at 10:10am
well, get to it Rhino!!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2018 at 10:14am
When I worked in La. I drank a boat load of Abita Beer. Very nice with a cardboard dish full of crawfish!!!
Oldhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 6:37am
My 46 year old son lives with us, he was the first to remember. Other two sons called latter in the day. Since it is summer break the house is full of grandkids. It was my youngest granddaughter birthday so we had a party with cake and ice cream.
Retired USAF, NRA life member
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

When I worked in La. I drank a boat load of Abita Beer. Very nice with a cardboard dish full of crawfish!!!

Speaking of Crawfish, they were crossing the road in droves a few weeks ago ....  My Dog T-T had to stop and check each one out as I walked back to my other house ....  Lately I have not boiled any crawfish my self , but since we have received 2 Ice chest of free shrimp and then went and bought another ice chest. we have eaten a lot of boiled shrimp lately .... and My Wife made shrimp and veggie stir fry night for last ... every veg she had on hand went into it !!!  including the cherry tomatoes !! Man it was good !!...
I may have to get a sack of crawfish this week end if I dont get a call out !!

One of the Free ice chests of shrimp is actually payment from my Sons Ex Father in Law for hunting on my place, He gives me shrimp since he didnt kill a deer LOL!!! ....The other was from my Father in law and mother in law ....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 10:12am
..y'know Rhino - in Oz they call 'em "Eskies".
Methinks its some kinda play on eskimos.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 2:25pm
"Eskie" is an Aussie brand of cooler. As you guessed its Aussie shorthand slang for "Eskimo". The name gets tagged to all coolers though.
https://2ecffd01e1ab3e9383f0-07db7b9624bbdf022e3b5395236d5cf8.ssl.cf4.rackcdn.com/Product-800x800/8bbedfd9-3de4-480e-9029-2bfba79ba382.jpg
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 11:29am
Speaking of Ice Chests or Eskies as you down under guys call them, I got one from my company for my 15 year anniversary with them !!
Its name brand is "Frio"  nice cooler with a bottle opener on it and a light !!! Made in Texas, and its as nice if not nicer than yeti !!which I wont buy !!
Oh , and down here in south Louisiana we call them Coolers , guess each area has their own pet names for them !!
"White Rhino"

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 12:32pm
We call them coolers in Manitoba Canada. Always filled with ice cold PBR!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic