Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grumble Grumble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grumble Grumble
    Posted: June 23 2018 at 11:22am
I had a pleasant morning at the range with my Ruger 10/22 and M1917  shooting the later prone at 200 yards.  As I was getting ready to leave my range bag was missing. No doubt some Muppet thought it was his or belong to the guy he was shooting with. Not earth shattering but;  5 assorted  broken case removal tools, several assorted screwdrivers, my SKS and No4 Lee Enfield front sight adjusters, 2x ruger 10/22 magazines  and  300 odd rounds of 22 ammo.  Six months from now when the miscreant decides to go shooting again they will notice something is wrong.  Oh well, Liberty tree collectors and Graf's are going to get some extra business.  I may do something different with my range bag, perhaps  in a ugly color
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2018 at 11:26am
That just plain sucks! When I used the public range I had my name on all my boxes and bags plainly visible to avoid such issues. Thankfully I have my own 100 yard range at my house now so I don't have to worry now. I hope whoever picked it up returns it in short order so you don't have to she!! out the money for new items.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2018 at 11:30am
Last year at my range there was a theft. 2 hand guns in their locked cases were stolen while the owner was shooting his rifle. Stolen right from behind him! That takes balls and now the original owner had to explain what happened to the police. I dont know what came from it all but....goes to show you can never be too careful and it helps to have a buddy in the shooting stall next to you watching while you shoot. I really hope you get your items back.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2018 at 3:26pm
Anybody that would steal from a range when the owner is close by with a firearm and ammunition is either really brave or really stupid! As my own opinion of thieves is they are one of the lowest form of life, my guess is stupid.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2018 at 4:19pm
I really suspect it was accidental, but it was taken by a go to the range twice a year type. Trouble is I have a match to run next weekend and some things I need to replace now.
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2018 at 11:37am
I use a bright orange sport's bag for my range kit. It's the only one like it a our club and I've not seen another like it at regional competition's, so quite easy to spot.
However many people have the same rifle cases. I tend to be very careful with my stuff; but when you go to check target's, it could be easy for someone to steal you stuff. Suppose it just come down to knowing your club member's and being extra careful when new people are around.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2018 at 6:36pm
I’ve often dreaded the thought of someone walking off with my No. 4 at the range. While I’m there for the day, it’s not really practical to lock it up in the truck when I step away from the firing point. But, this got me thinking of the worst...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2018 at 6:54pm
not had such an issue at our range in my experience there , the big thing we get is folks walking off without their lens caps adjustment caps and pretty much any loose piece of gear one could walk off and forget , gloves , binoculars , a lead sled , who knew ???????????????
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2018 at 5:47am
Yeah I've found a bipod about 20 yds in from the firing point. I gave it to the club sec. to put in the lost & found in case the owner was looking for it.
He returned it to me after a year as no-one had asked about it!
Hug
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2018 at 7:09pm
that was my experience as well shamu - wonder why folks dont retrieve there lost property ? i like the lead sled even if i dont use it much , a friend wants to borrow it for his sight in of the new .17 he bought , hey maybe these were borrowed items ?? but wouldnt you feel guilty loosing someone elses gear even more ??? 
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2018 at 5:18am
A pal found a .451" M/loading target rifle at the 200 yard berm at Bisley one time.
Owner was pleased to get it back!
How do you forget to bring your rifle back?

He found it at about 6.00 AM the day after the shoot.
Has everyone seen the list of stuff "found" at Bisley?  from guns to cartridges and all sorts of stuff....shooting mats and piles of gear and cleaning rods.  Most impressive list!

Hope you bag turns up, SW!!
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2018 at 8:30pm
there were a lot of guns left at the line at the three guns we used to host - as well as a lot of other equipment and accessories , most got to the owner in the end , a few things might have been abandoned for failure to function , i ended up with a few shotgun she!! holders for my three gun gear after one of them , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic