Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gun restorer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 8:51am

This is my very first .308 conversion I did ten years ago using a A2 barrel. I lucked out and found a Sterling magazine for only 35 dollars. Believe it or not,I found the Sile stock set at Numrich. Enforcer/Parker Hale Custom No4 clone?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 8:54am

The L39A1 clone is now the target rifle on the bottom.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 1:26pm
Well, just received my L39A1 clone today. Very nice rifle. Previous owner/builder assured me the bore/headspace are perfect and that it's a shooter. Unfortunately, the spare Addley Precision scope mount I have doesn't fit. It has the 45 deg angle (ledge?) Below the ejector screw and this rifle has the radiused. I ordered the correct one. Should be here next week.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 2:06pm
Good stuff HT!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 2:53pm
Thanks Can k! I also just ordered a Leupold VX1 3x9x40 scope from an independent small shop a couple of hours away. Funny how once the money starts rolling it's hard to stop it! This should be the last rifle I buy!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 3:13pm
I said that same thing about,this is the last rifle I'm buying,seven rifles ago...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 5:23pm
does have a bad habbit of 'comin back around on the guitar' we all experiencxe this . 

sorry about the obscure reference to alice's restaurant but it sticks in my head at moments like this ..."you can get anything that you want - ceptin alice " just a moment in time but it left an impression 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 5:46pm
That 45 flat / radius shelf is a bain.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 7:09pm
I'm thinking of putting the Addley mount with the 45 on my No5. The mount has a Weaver 4x on it. I have a No4 stock with a walnut cheekpiece I installed on it for another project gun that turned out to be a dud shooter. Might make a nice light bush gun!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

does have a bad habbit of 'comin back around on the guitar' we all experiencxe this . 

sorry about the obscure reference to alice's restaurant but it sticks in my head at moments like this ..."you can get anything that you want - ceptin alice " <span style="line-height: 1.4;">just a moment in time but it left an impression </span>

My girlfriend's name is Alys
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2018 at 4:27am
..had a cat named Alice
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2018 at 8:16pm
i, sytill looking for the right alice , but then i think illl be looking a long time , ill just sit here on the group W bench .............
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2018 at 8:35pm
Put you in jail and take the toilet paper roll from you so you don't roll the paper out the window and have yourself an ascape.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 8:54am
We did this back in the days of SR 71's being stationed in the U.K.
Every time they'd do a sortie we'd get shut down arbitrarily because we were so close together.
Bearing in mind the promise to "Never operate a spy flight over a friendly nation" we decide to get pics of the SR71 take off & climb out.
WE did, then we made 8X10's & mailed them to the Base CO, with this on the back.
"They took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles
And arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
One was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach,
The getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to
Mention the aerial photography."

We then added circles, & arrows & a paragraph on the back of each. It contained all & any information we had on the SR 71. There was quite a lot out there, even though it was so secret you had to climb a stepladder to brush your teeth.

It went down as well as you'd expect!
Star
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 9:01am
Friend,have you rehabilitated yourself.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 9:03am
In my humble opinion, the 3rd sexiest military plane. #1 is the Spitfire, #2 the Sabre Jet, and then at #3 the SR 71.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic