Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good news story.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good news story.
    Posted: August 07 2018 at 6:09am
Good news story;

A local feedlot had the alarm go off one night recently.  They have alarms and cameras in the yard.
"Yes, says the wife, there's a white pick-up in the yard,...and there goes your fuel truck!"
The feedlot owner went out to catch them and wife phoned the son, (He's a cowboy) who lives a mile down the road.
They caught the guy and pushed him off the road into the ditch, and he took off across country.
The son chased him on horseback and roped him;  The culprit would not  quit fighting, so by the time the cops got there, he looked like someone had emptied 5 gallons of red paint over his head! 

Also, by the time the cops got there he wasn't still in the lariat, by then they had tied him up hands and feet with barbed wire.  :-)

The cops said, "This is Good!............I mean, I can't say this is what you're supposed to do, But this is Good!  We have had him in on (I think) 9 charges recently, and he's out the next day.  He'll remember this!" 
They laughed real loud!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2018 at 6:14am
Awesome! I can't imagine how much trouble we'd be in up here in Canada if we did some of this justice! And we need it!
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2018 at 6:45am
Honks,

This is up here,...Alberta.  :-)
It did me good when I was told about it!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2018 at 6:59am
That gave me a laugh. Good for them for teaching the guy a lesson. That should definitely stick in his mind.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2018 at 9:20am
Pukka;

You gotta remember that "Honks" is in Manitoba..they don't get out much, and as far as they know, Manitoba is Canada..the rest is "unexplored wilderness"
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2018 at 10:08am
Anyone read about the teenager in Rio that tried to steal a drum of rubber cement?
One of the drums tipped over onto him. The cops found him the following morning asleep and glued to the floor...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2018 at 11:24am
I had friends who worked in a truck (semi) garage, back in the U.K. Someone was stealing personal tools & property.

One Monday morning (the place is closed Sat & Sun) they found a guy dropped into a 55-gallon drum where they stored dirty old oil before disposal. He had a truck 1/2 shaft slid through the sleeves of his coveralls & rested on a lift which hand been lowered, presumably Fri. night! He was up to his armpits!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2018 at 12:14pm
Hoadie... This is true! But I have been to Saskatchewan! I think that's part of Canada, but I'm not sure anyone will fess up to that!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 5:30am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Pukka;

You gotta remember that "Honks" is in Manitoba..they don't get out much, and as far as they know, Manitoba is Canada..the rest is "unexplored wilderness"

LOL Hoadie!

I recall a bloke who broke into a distillery, through a skylight. Landed in the whisky vat and drowned....Dunno if they threw that batch out or what.  I bet they didn't.  :-)

The old man in the opening post found someone stealing stuff prior to this, and as he always has broken hockey sticks in his truck for cattle prods, he whacked the guy across the chops, knocking out most of his teeth....
If evolution worked, these blokes should Learn!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 6:07am
Something has to change with our Canadian laws when it comes to defense of property & home.
If you catch someone coming thru the window @ 0300 & you whack him with a baseball bat or your 1 wood, your going to jail & this perp will sue you!(You know he's not the "Welcome Wagon" comin for a visit!)
Every time someone gets shot in a crime scenario, the family comes out to tell you how good a guy he was, and how he was turning his life around..I call B/S! Add to that, they always play the race card.
People know right from wrong..commit the crime - suffer the consequences.
I'm 63 (yesterday) & wonder if I will see laws that make sense in this country, before I check-out.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 6:09am
On the other hand...maybe we could take all the perps & just send them to Manitoba..& let 'em run amok.
They would probobly burn themselves out in no time!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 8:30am
We love to practice on running targets! And Hoadie, you will not see Canada toughen up on criminals until we get rid of Trudeau.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 10:41am
you may have a point there..Harper got into trouble with his "get tough on crime"agenda..all the liberals thought it too harsh.
Now look what ya got! & they still won't come out and tell the truth, cause its not P/C..So, lets ban the guns in Toronto! That will solve the problem. (They already closed down all the handgun clubs in Toronto few years back..how'd that work out for them?)
So, once again the law abiding is run over roughshod, and the criminal gets another edge up.
Why can't they just come out and say:"We have a gang & racial problem in Toronto, feuled by lax immigration laws".
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 10:47am
Because that would lose votes... No politician has the guts to say what the real problem is in large urban centres in Canada.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2018 at 8:40pm
im laughing real loud - just hope the victims dont suffer any consequencese for giving what was deserved 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 5:38am
A-square,

A bloke in a nearby village was getting stuff stolen too often he reckoned, so he left a Conibear trap set on his truck seat under an old towel, and a ten dollar bill as  bait sitting on it.
Next morning his trap had gone;
He phoned around and found that someone was admitted to a local hospital with his arm broke in three places.
Cops paid him a visit but that was the end of it.

Re the O.P,    I'd have told that thief if he ever came back, we'd see if he could swim with his barb-wire cufflinks on!   :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic