Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hurricane Florence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane Florence
    Posted: September 14 2018 at 12:27pm
It is starting to get real at my house.

High wind and lots of rain on the way.

I am not worried about it. I have a basement and a Enfield or two.

I know where Bambi lives and a pond in my back yard.

The weehoose will be well appreciated.

Signing off for now.

Take care and be safe.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 12:39pm
Thats all, folks!
Loose wimmen tightened here
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 2:09pm
Yuck, Yuck, Doc!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 2:26pm
Keep yer head down, mate. Its going to circle us like a hungry shark!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 3:02pm
Sounds like what Hoadie is like around a pizza!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 6:53pm
Thot u were hunkerin down?? Wot u doin on line?
Loose wimmen tightened here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Thot u were hunkerin down?? Wot u doin on line?

Lights are still on.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 7:57pm
as long as you got power stay in touch , we dont want to worry of ya all , 

i am watching and praying you do not get what the media seems to hope for - they want news and i see it as human suffering , they want to blame trump and i see it as mother nature having her way , they would have us believe its climate change - i say its the every year cycle of the seasons , but who am i to say ?????

might be wrong here , but i dont think so ....

keep your head down and your powder dry , i wish only for this to pass and not be as predicted , so far ...we shall see , it will not be good no matter what as these never are , be safe 
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 9:16pm
Climate change idiots.  When Wasn't it changing?

Keep safe lads...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 9:24pm
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2018 at 4:13am
We are still in the midst of Florence here, however the storm here is around 50 mph, with heavy rain. My rain gauge shows 5” and i’ll Need to empty it soon, as that is all it’ll hold.

Having said that, I am glad my home is three hours from the beach.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2018 at 6:45am
There's a clip going around with the weather reporter barely able to stand in the "Huge Winds" then 2 kids just saunter past behind him oblivious to the fact they have exposed his (over)acting!
The media were over-amping this for all they were worth!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2018 at 6:51am
Sham,

These days, the media have nothing at all to do with Reality.  (But you know that)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2018 at 4:49pm
Hurricane Florence was down graded to a Tropical storm earlier today.

Now it has been down graded to just rain.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2018 at 7:23pm
yes - but you willl get lots of rain - i am hearing 11 dead as a result attributable to the sorm , no particulars , but i want all of you around when this passes , and it will - might be a long cleanup , but it will pass , stay safe 
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2018 at 10:17am
Hope that all came thru Florence without any major problems.  

Later 42rocker
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic