Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuck case

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuck case
    Posted: September 17 2018 at 6:56am
I was helping a friend reload some 300 Win Mag yesterday. My job was lubing the inside of the neck, I would put them in a tray, he would lube the case and resize. I think you know where this is going. He said one was tight. I said to make sure he lubed them. Next one stuck. He hadn't lubed either. Took us and hour and a half to remove, and it wasn't pretty or fun. I will mention he had several Jack Daniels and 7 under his belt. Not a great combo!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 8:12am
You shoulda been there at the "cartridge rolling party" we used to have for the re-enacting unit I was in. We'd have a BBQ, then after we would put about 50 lbs of ffg powder in our plastic hopper. Some folks would be rolling the paper tubes, others would be measuring & filling.(I should mention that the beer continued to flow). Bout 1/2 way thru the loading a guy that was measuring/filling pulls out a cigarette & lights it! He actually got a few puffs in before anyone realized what was happening!! It became pure pandalerium!! Well, I'm still here..so you know how it turned out. Course, you can't BUY that kind of excitement!! [<:o)]
Loose wimmen tightened here
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 11:53am
They say smoking's bad for your health Hoadie!Ermm

Regarding the stuck case. I had a .303 case stick in my Dillon rig. I had not lubed it (just making 5 test rounds) and it stuck so well, that I broke the shoulder off the rotating plateau assembly. So for ages I had to skip every 5th case until I got the replacement. Cost over 50 Euro's to replace it too! 
So now I do a 3 stage loading process. I'll lube and resize. Then clean them to get rid of the lube and fully dry. Once dry I load.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 1:29pm
My routine is lube/resize, trim (if necessary), chamfer and deburr, clean primer hole and into the tumbler. They come out nice and clean and lube is gone.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 8:32pm
all i can say is - if yer drinkin -- quit reloadin , only bad chit can come of that 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 4:23am
I have an ultrasonic cleaning bath, hence the need to dry the cases after. Get's them clean though, but takes a few cylces t get the primer pocket really clean.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic