Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The noise problem!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2018 at 10:08am
Meanwhile, In Switzerland . . .

Punch this into "Google Earth"'s search box, then go to "street view" (Drag & drop the little orange guy onto Rt 11) & you can virtually drive through the firing lines.

"Erlenbach im Simmental, Brünnlisau gun range"
Beer

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2018 at 6:19pm
would not be safe here - too many that are unsafe and no protection for the traffic , i wish it otherwise , BUT  it is hunter sight in for the great minnesota deer hunt coming up in less than a month , there will be over a million hunters in the woods , the ones i see here have convinced me not to take that up , 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2018 at 11:25pm
Shamu, regarding your original reply. What diameter are the pipes used at your local range?

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 6:51am
I haven't actually measured them but I'm guessing about 20". There's a 24 " & a 30" but the price climbs sharply.
20' long seems to be the standard so you'd probably get a set of 3 with adequate length buy  cutting. (Again guessing from the pics @ about 6' long each?)
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 11:30am
Thanks for confirming that Shamu, I suspected it was around 20". 
That is good news; it is available in France in 6 metre lengths.
I may be able to make something similar because at work we have loads of old tyres that are from 19" and  20" wheels; so if lined up to make a 10 foot tube; it may be a good alternative. Free tyres for the club and clearing out the space at the workshop!
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 11:34am
I have seen the tube made from old tires used at one range that I visited. It worked well.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 11:51am
That's encouraging; thanks!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 1:16pm
Yes! tires somehow held together on a frame should work well.
A pair of "rails" at the bottom, to stop them rolling away & a third longeron over the top, the ends could just be 2X4 square frames connecting to the ends of the longerons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic