Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Such a Savage!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Such a Savage!!!
    Posted: October 20 2018 at 11:54am
Here it is completed.
The process in the build up took longer to complete but was easier to accomplish this time knowing what I know now.
This photo shows the cross hairs inline both with front sight and the laser dot. The camera angle makes the cross hairs appear to be tilted. Don't worry,it all okay,just a trick of the camera lens.
The other picture I have shows the scope zeroed on both axis. The wow factor here is that I did not have to make any adjustments,yet. The initial collimation accomplished the baseline adjustments for me.p
So,with all this in mind,as far as accuracy goes. I will put up a challenge. My rifle vs a real T. Eleven shots,one cold bore shot with ten follow up shots no rest period between shots. Smallest grouping wins. Loser buys dinner...
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2018 at 1:36pm
I like this build!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2018 at 3:29pm
Nice build Goosic, as always. By the by, your challenge. What distance, what ammo?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2018 at 3:53pm
Ammo of your own choosing. Any range between 50-150 yards,the challengers choice as well.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2018 at 10:16am
I like the idea of an accuracy challenge, I just wish I had a No. 4(T) to take you up on it.  I might have to give it a go with the PH5C aperture sight.  About the best I can do with the aperture sight is 10 shots within 1.5 MOA.  The best I've done with my Dad's No.4(T) is just over 1 MOA off the bench. 

As a friendly competition on this forum, I'd like to challenge all of us to see what our best 10 shot groups are prone (no support, sling optional) with issue sights (reduced size aperture allowed for our aging eyes).  10 consecutive shots on the target.  Minimum range 100 yards.  Group size in MOA (the shortest range where I shoot is 200 yds).   

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2018 at 11:40am
I didn't measure either the "boiler room", not the Head groups, but its a B-27E so it should be easy to work out.
My No4 Mk2 "Ersatz" sniper with the P-H mount & Nikon 2~8X35.
Got some vertical stringing on the second lot.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2018 at 12:10pm
Shamu, from what I can tell, the X ring of the B-27 Target is 55 mm x 78 mm (2.2 in. x 3.1 in.).  What range did you shoot this at?  Supported on the bench?

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2018 at 5:04pm
that turned out nice 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2018 at 7:07am
100yds, from a bench (its all the range allows) but no sandbags or anything just slung.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2018 at 5:14pm
I think this is probably the best target I’ve shot with my No. 4 Mk 1*/3 when it had a scope on a b square mount. 10 consecutive rounds at 100 yards on the bench. Goosic, let’s see if your Savage No. 4(T) repro can beat it.   I’ll buy you diner if it does!

To be fair, this group is probably the best this rifle has done.   On average, 10 shot groups are 1.5 inches at 100 yards. Shoot enough, and you eventually will get a rare exceptionally good group.
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2018 at 7:33pm
I think this is from 2012 before my new eyes. Five of the good rounds with my patented flyer.

...............Ouch.............
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2018 at 6:43am
?
All I see is a emoj

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2018 at 7:00am
That's the tough part of shooting 10 round groups, controlling that one pesky flier...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic