Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today’s shoot...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Today’s shoot...
    Posted: February 11 2006 at 1:23pm

Well, not as many people showed up as said they would, but there were 11 of us.  Including Ed_Hill, from this forum!  I believe all had a good time.  Pretty much everyone said they wanted to do it again, and I was even able to show a friend how nice the Enfields are.  He liked it so much, he wants me to take him on monday to buy one!

I ended up having enough ammo... partly because I loaded a TON by hand, and partly because so few people showed up.  Anyhow, I gotta get back to cleaning guns. I'll post more later.

Eric

P.S. Anyone know a good gunsmith? Someone somehow got a round stuck in my Springfield XD .40 cal S&W!  Don't ask me how. ah well, such is the price of letting others shoot your guns!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 2:03pm
Sounds like a fantastic day was had by all ! Good on youse !

Dave

5thelement View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5thelement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 5:51pm

Eric,

I have heard that J&G gunsmithing in old town roseville is good. As soon as I get my part from Numrich for my old marlin .22 I'm taking it there to have it installed. Website is www.jandggunsmithing.com

Glad the shoot went well, I would have loved to have gone, but my wife's freind was having a b-day party we were obligated to go to. Next shoot definately be there though!

Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 8:13am
The shoot was a lot of fun, thanks for the invite, Eric! I've got the sight and some parts on order for the Mk4, so I'll be able to shoot it next time.
To others on the forum, Eric has lots of very nice looking toys, and must have been brought up well, because he shares!

Eric if you can wait a day or so I'll check my serious pistol buddies for a gunsmith.
Ed
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 8:24am
Eric, I'm checking the experts, and will post when I get an answer. I have no experience with J&G. another place to call would be Newtown Firearms in Placerville, he used to work out of his house, now has a storefront in Pville. I noticed all the Placerville P.D. use his shop for repairs and adjustment.
Ed

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Ed Hill Ed Hill wrote:

The shoot was a lot of fun, thanks for the invite, Eric! I've got the sight and some parts on order for the Mk4, so I'll be able to shoot it next time.
To others on the forum, Eric has lots of very nice looking toys, and must have been brought up well, because he shares!

Eric if you can wait a day or so I'll check my serious pistol buddies for a gunsmith.
Ed

Sounds like it was a great day out ! (shame on Eric for only taking 150rnds of 30carbine though! He has promised me that his going to write out one thousand times  .... I will take enough for everyone next time )

Dave
Eric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 1:11pm

LOL, that's all I could afford!!  I put out about 300.00 Us for ammo for the shoot.  After picking up the m1 carbine on friday, I checked the bank account and the fun money was gone.  As it was, the 150 rds. I bought ran me 50.00 US.

Eric

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Eric Eric wrote:

LOL, that's all I could afford!!  I put out about 300.00 Us for ammo for the shoot.  After picking up the m1 carbine on friday, I checked the bank account and the fun money was gone.  As it was, the 150 rds. I bought ran me 50.00 US.

Eric

No exucse keep writing !LoL

Dave
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 4:22am
Eric, I also got an OK on J&G, nothing else in your area for a smith. The other mention was Dwayne at sierra gun on Hwy 49 in Auburn.
Ed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic