Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Hunting with the .303 British cartridge.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rhino and Son up for a hunting trip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhino and Son up for a hunting trip
    Posted: November 14 2007 at 6:48am
White Rhino and his son Boogie are coming up this weekend for some deer hunting.

CM
Sponsored Links

White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 7:47am
I'm thinking on giving Cookie Monster a chance... I'm going to use My Moisan Nagant M38. No Scope just some old reloads that I dont even know if they will fireLOL..
Boogie will bring his .243 H&R handy rifle (crack barrel single shot). He sighted in this year and did real good.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 8:48am
Cookie Monster, Can I get my out of state License at most convienieanc stores there like here in La.?????
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 1:03pm
Sounds like you blokes are going to have a good one.

Go the mighty Pope gun (243)!
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

Cookie Monster, Can I get my out of state License at most convienieanc stores there like here in La.?????

Yes there is several here close that are open 24 hours. That is not a problem.

CM
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 6:48am
Cool will leave hear at around 4:00 PM  and head your way.
Boogie has cleaned and stacked every ice chest he can find. the Boy has big expectations!  Guess he figurs he will fill all of them up with Deer meat.LOL!!!
                    I sure didnt raise a pesimist did I.
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 8:19am
Well confirmed Rhino and son are coming up for a hunt

CM
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 10:50am
If I make it to work tomorrow, this morning on to way to work I hit the curve up front and just about took out the mail box on the side of the road. the sugar  thst was on the road this morning was terrible. and it was thick enough to put the rear end to the side.
will have to be care full tomorrow . I keep forgetting that its grinding season.
Man the Sugar that they have on the road in the morning would last me the whole year.
Had a friend a few years ago that worked at the mill and would bring us meadium brown suger and Molases.
the horses loved the molases.
so do the Deer.
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 11:59am
Rhino do not forget the Boudin and crawfish. Also the children want you to bring up some sugar cane.

CM
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 8:20pm
Sounds like, it's going to be a Great trip !Just remember the Golden rule...The young Bloke gets the first shot  & if he does better than the Old Blokes?....Beat him to a Pulp !!!!!!!! (Hatchet take note of this warning Clap)

Dave   
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2007 at 3:19am
Dave,
    I'm taking my two daughters as well. Rhino's son will have some stiff competition. Both girls are seasoned hunters.

CM
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2007 at 7:04am
Have to go see if any cane is still standing around here. its Grinding season so much of the cane is cut allready. thats why I keep running into sugar on the road up front. they are storing it buy the truck load there till it can be further processed into white sugar.

Bringing some Gator Sausage this time.  so we can see how good it is....
"White Rhino"

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2007 at 11:30am

Just talked with the Rhino and company they are about one hour away.

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2007 at 1:37pm
White Rhino and Son is here!!! We have ate some excellent steak and drank some beverages. and getting ready for sleep so we can harvest some deer in the morning!!!!!!

CM
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2007 at 2:10am
First hunt of the trip expedition no deer bagged. Rhino seen several squirrel. His son Boogie heard several deer but could not get a clear shot. I seen a few buck with small horns. I put the two of them to work we relocated a ladder stand into a better location for this afternoons hunt. 

The fryer and grill are both heating up for cooking the  venison that was bagged by my daughter last week. Should be an excellent lunch!!!!

CM
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2007 at 8:51am

Afternoon hunt update. Got into the woods around 15:00 hours overcast and a light rain, temperature was in the low 60's. Rhino jumped three doe headed to his stand. Boogie went to the truck before dark to stay dry. I seen two leaving the deer stand on the way back to the truck I did not attempt a shot becouse it was getting too dark to make a safe shot.

CM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic