Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Hunting with the .303 British cartridge.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

looking to scope my long branch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vtdc22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking to scope my long branch
    Posted: June 23 2009 at 1:45am
hi everyone
im want to scope my number 4 mark1 * i hunted last  year with open sights ,and the micro meter sight is a keeper(i can make nice groups under 3inches) but my eyes are bad ,at 100 yards i have a hard time seeing small objects.whats do u guys recommend  for no gunsmith  mount ?
Sponsored Links

VAnimrod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAnimrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 3:04am
ATI or CAD.
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 4:30am
I agree with VAnimrod
vtdc22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vtdc22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 7:05am
thanks ohh here's the rifle    Approve
Richard/SIA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard/SIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 10:57am
At over $3.00 a gallon for gas, I want it leaded, 100 octane, and my windshield washed!
Paulie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 1:04pm
Don't you know....You don't need a scope for hunting in the woods or open country.  Your not supposed to.  You hunt in the super-market were the meat is made!  I like to set my stand up in can food section, from there   "made meat"  is about twenty feet away.  I don't even use my iron fixed sites, I shoot from the hip!LOL
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 8:49pm
I guess try a hunting stand in the can goods isle where the corn is. You may find some of this made meat trying to feed on the canned veggies.
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2009 at 8:04am
I thought the made meet was called Treet ham  ,   Spam  ,   Deviled ham ,  Vienna sausages  ,  and last but not least   ..Potted Meat ........ LOL!!!!!! and I have Bagged all of them!!!!!!!!!

We called them in the Army Pogie Bait....   Now who has the Saltines.....????????
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2009 at 12:08am
Here is my No4 Mk1 with a DAI mount from Brownells. It was only $50 something with a C&R on file.

Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2009 at 4:38am

very nice looking rifle indeed

Swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2009 at 10:23pm
Thanks Cookie Monster.
303carbine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 7:47am
S&K makes a very solid no drill mount, I use one on a No5 to test out loads then take it off for hunting. If I miss, then it's my fault.Wink
Green Mist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Mist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 1:41am
I bought the S & K mount, very easy folk to deal with.

The mount is rock solid and can be easily removed. Uses a wedge nut which you tighten against the charger bridge to secure the front end. I had a hard time removing the bolt for cleaning until I introduced the wedge nut to a grinder wheel, now she slips in & out just grand...

Hitting the target now at 100 making nice 1" groups, not bad for an old rifle and a mediocre shooter !

Going to the range tomorrow, so I'll post a pic of the mount.

B.
When all else fails, call in the Artillery.
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Swede Swede wrote:

Thanks Cookie Monster.

Your Welcome
Green Mist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Mist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 4:59am
Hi VTDC22 tryin to figure out (again) how to post a shaggin picture of my S& K mount for you. ...... any of the mods care to help me with this one, files are uploaded to my file manager, why cant I attach them?

Never made it to the range today, had a fantastic day with the old 12 bore shootin pigeons and crows off ripening corn, follwed by a swift one in the pub ! probably why I can't get these pics up !!! (no smart ones now!). B.

Well I'll be damned..... there it was all the time ! I 'm goin back to the pub now. good night.
When all else fails, call in the Artillery.
303carbine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 8:07am
Originally posted by vtdc22 vtdc22 wrote:

hi everyone
im want to scope my number 4 mark1 * i hunted last  year with open sights ,and the micro meter sight is a keeper(i can make nice groups under 3inches) but my eyes are bad ,at 100 yards i have a hard time seeing small objects.whats do u guys recommend  for no gunsmith  mount ?

S&K makes a very solid no drill mount for the No4. I use mine to see how accurate my rifles are, then I remove it to hunt with. I like the looks of the Enfield without a scope, but someday I may have to put it back on to hunt................hope not.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic