Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying a lee enfield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bokino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying a lee enfield
    Posted: October 25 2010 at 11:04am
I really want to get a lee enfield for hunting but I live in Canada and i would think that would make it easier to find one but i have been having a lot of difficulty finding one for a decent price in Canada. I definitely do not a want a sporter. But i recently i went down to the states and at a cabelas there they had 2 lee enfields no4 mk 1s i believe for $200. Now i could get one of those but it can be a bit difficult getting guns from the states to Canada. Now i went to a gun auction a couple of days ago and they had a 3 no4s go for about $400 - 475(they weren't in very good shape either) and then a jungle carbine go for $520. Just asking for some advice about where to buy one which one to buy and what is a reasonable price for one. Thanks
Sponsored Links

SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 12:16pm
I am not sure what it is going from the U.S. to Canada but the other way around adds about $400 U.S. to the price of the gun.  The only Enfield seller in Canada I have only dealt with Marstar for parts (while pining for some rifles)
http://www.marstar.ca/index2.shtm
I am sure our Canadian members can steer in the right direction
Good Luck and welcome to the forum
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 2:37pm
there is a member here gerry who is there , he might be able to steer you toward something , 
LE Owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LE Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Bokino Bokino wrote:

I really want to get a lee enfield for hunting but I live in Canada and i would think that would make it easier to find one but i have been having a lot of difficulty finding one for a decent price in Canada. I definitely do not a want a sporter. But i recently i went down to the states and at a cabelas there they had 2 lee enfields no4 mk 1s i believe for $200. Now i could get one of those but it can be a bit difficult getting guns from the states to Canada. Now i went to a gun auction a couple of days ago and they had a 3 no4s go for about $400 - 475(they weren't in very good shape either) and then a jungle carbine go for $520. Just asking for some advice about where to buy one which one to buy and what is a reasonable price for one. Thanks
Don't know if the import to Canada from the US situation is still as bad as it was but some motion picture prop collectors have reported endless legal hassles over simply trying to send a non functioning die cast metal replica of a Han Solo Starwars Blaster through the mail.
Best to look into whatever paperwork you'll have to aquire and whether the province you live in has any special restrictions before going any further.
Alan de Enfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan de Enfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 4:42am
Originally posted by LE Owner LE Owner wrote:

Originally posted by Bokino Bokino wrote:

Don't know if the import to Canada from the US situation is still as bad as it was but some motion picture prop collectors have reported endless legal hassles over simply trying to send a non functioning die cast metal replica of a Han Solo Starwars Blaster through the mail.
Best to look into whatever paperwork you'll have to aquire and whether the province you live in has any special restrictions before going any further.

I have recently sold an Enfield Enforcer (7.62 x 51)
Shipped from England to Canada - there is some paperwork but its not impossible
hoadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 7:04am
Usually-you have to use a recognized firearm dealer(& his biz #) ie: my bud Bob Camp used to own the Center Gun Shop in Niagara Falls.He had a federal permit allowing him to import.
You will also need the req'd PAL.
Can be a bit of a hassel on your own,I guess.But if you jump through all the hoops-then you know how to do it next time
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
hoadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 7:08am
I forgot-I can buy/sell WITHIN Canada..long as we all have the req'd PAL & the Firearms center is notified 1st.THEY tell you when to go ahead with the deal.
FYI:I've NEVER paid more than $255 for an Enfield in my life(My #5 was $255).
Hoadie
kthompson204 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kthompson204 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 7:27am
Just bought my No4 MkI from Southern Ohio Guns for $199.00. Needs a little TLC as you can see from my post, but nothing major. You can have them "hand pick" you rifle also....don't know if that's a gun shop joke, but I'm happy with the rifles I have purchased from them.
hoadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 8:46am
NOTE: Bokino's situation is A typical of what I have been ranting about on this forum since Hitler was a Corporal...Nobody wants to list WHERE they are located on their profile.Hence-you have to waste time & space asking & trying to figger it all out.
Sure would save time if all concerned would play by the simplest of rules & fill out the damn profile!!
Hoadie
(am I ranting again?...sorry.But my ranting does get raves,you know!)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 12:32pm
ranting ? yes , right ? yes , i list where i am for those very reasons , if you wish me ill will come at your own risk , im generally armed and i can hit the broad side of a barn when needed ....

that said , i do know some have misgivings about that , but they will gladly post nude photos on face-book or email photos of their private parts to gold digging wenches that even a blind man could see if looking [little football humor there ] 
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 2:32pm
I agree entirely with Hoadie. Country of origin isn't an invasion of privacy it's a necessity if you wish to buy a weapon! 
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic