Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Went to the range with my son.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aifwikir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Went to the range with my son.
    Posted: August 17 2011 at 3:17pm
I took the Enfields to the range today and drug my son along to.  He's enroute to Ft Benning GA tomorrow.  We both fired the Enfield #4 and the L1A1 Enfield.  Had a ball shooting clay pigeons @75m  &100m.  Can't beleive he out shot me!  I think I've converted him with my #4.
We shot my  all USA parts L1 (FALUSA) My piston drive AR15 and my AK 47.  Even threw in some 45auto from my Wilson Combat.  Both of us forgot cameras and both of us forgot cell phones so we didn't get any pictures (dang it).  By the time we finished it had gotten to 103 degrees with 65%humidity. 

So we stop the first place we came to and got water.  All in all a very good day for both of us.

Big smile
Aif
Retired US Army
Sponsored Links

White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 11:22pm
Ah ,  Ft. Benning !!!  such a lovely place ...LOL!!!   I have hand prints that I left there !!! think I still have some saw dust imbedded in me from them PT pits ...
 I went through OSUT at Harmony Church , also did Mike school there also but after OSUT  at Mike school we had the post Vietnam barracks ....we still had the old WW II barracks ...the guys that went through over at Sand Hill had the new modern barracks with stalls and doors for each toilet and individual showers ....
Hope He enjoys His stay !!!! 
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Aifwikir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aifwikir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 1:55am
He'll be training to be a Depot level Bradley Systems Mech.  91M .  He's been in the army for 6 months and (because of other issues) is just now getting his school.  He spent 8 years with the Marines and came over to the Army for a promotion.  hehehe
I ran around in a Tank for my 21 years in the Army.  Better luck to him.

:D
Aif

Retired US Army
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 2:22am
I was 11M  Mechanized Infantry 3rd Inf. Div. and the 24th Inf Div. ...  Possible Division post will be ..Ft. Stewart , Ft. Polk and Ft. Hood state side ....dont know over seas placements today ....
If He goes to Ft. Stewart let me know ...I can get him and Stan together ...Since He is into Guns and hunting ..Him and Stan could become great Buddies ..Besides ..Stan is a Federal Wild Life and Fishery agent there on Ft. Stewart ....He knows all the good spots to hunt !!!
By the Way Stan is home on vacation for the next week ...He stopped by to see his Mom before coming hear ...  We cant wait for our Boy to get home !!!!!  there will be some shooting going on here for the next week !!! and Fishing !!!  Hoo Raa!!!!  
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic