Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Stuff for Enfields > Enfield Stuff for Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Number 4 Mk1 "Sporter" For Sale.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Number 4 Mk1 "Sporter" For Sale.
    Posted: March 07 2014 at 9:40pm
This package is now " SOLD"
Well guys fainally I have had to make the decision that due to my ongoing health problems I have to quit Deer stalking and culling which means that I can no longer really justify keeping my .303 and as such it is now up for sale.
The rifle is a Lee Enfield Number 4 Mk1 which has been professionally "sporterised" by Parler Hale. The woodwork is in quite good condition with a few minor cosmetic marks which you would expect to see on a working rifle that has accounted for a good number of deer - The worst mark is under the forend where a badly fitting bipod was used before it came into my posession (As this is the worst mark on it I have shown this in a photo) The bluing is in quite good condition and everything works perfectly with the action being nice and smooth. The rifle comes with a 5 shot (Removable) magazing and a set of Tasco World Class 4-16X40 scopes fitted on a new set of Sportsmatch 25mm mounts. This combination of rifle and scopes in the right hands shoots a really nice tight group using home loaded ammunition with 174g Sierra Match HPBT heads as the photo shows which I shot a while ago. I can supply a set of RCBS  Dies (De-Capping and FL Resizing Die and a Seating Die along with a .303 case holder) if required along with about 160 cleaned and prepped 303 brass cases which are a mix of FNM, S&B and PPU but I would not be willing to sell reloading things seperately unless the rifle sold first without the dies!
I would prefer to deal Face to Face so that the buyer can try the rifle before they buy it and can thoroughly inspect it so that they know exactly what they are paying for but I can if need be arrange a RFD Transfer to within the UK mainland at the buyers cost.
The asking price (Which is VERY REASONABLE as I am ideally looking for a quick sale) is £300 for everything listed but I will obviously make an adjustment in the price if the reloading things are not wanted.
Wounding is not an option!
Sponsored Links

hoadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2014 at 6:14am
Sorry to hear bout your health troubles, mate.
Hope things will get better for you.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
ArcherSix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcherSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2014 at 10:02am
I am sorry to hear of your health problems as well. Hoping things look up for you, and that you find a good home for your rifle. If there wasn't an ocean between us, I'd try to buy it!
hoadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2014 at 10:59am
Aye..I have one as well (w/o scope..I don't like scopes)
There sure is a difference in $ value in these rifles, depending upon where you are
Hoadie
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2014 at 1:13am
Sorry to hear that you are having to stop shooting your Lee Enfield. I have e-mailed a friend In UK who does a lot of hunting, he may be interested in a .303

Zed.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2014 at 2:25am
I spoke tp Pete this morning, it's tragic but health takes first priority and he can still shoot at his club. On a lighter note I got first refusal on the 303, it's all down to the firearms dept now as to me getting a variation on my ticket for the rifle.Big smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2014 at 9:53am
Good on ya, Tony.
Theres a mate!
Hoadie
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2014 at 11:05am
congrats tony , always sorry to hear of these partings due to health issues but glad to see they stay with collectors , very nice looking rifle 
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2014 at 3:36pm
 Thanks lads, it's in the lap of the gods as to me getting it, I'm just praying the FEO doesn't give me the knockback, I'll have to turn on the charm LOL and see what happens. We'll know later today after I've phoned police headquarters. On the upside Pete would still be able to have a pop with the rifle on the range if he wants to and he knows it'll be well looked after. Alex is over the moon, as soon as he saw it it was "get it dad don't miss out on this 1"! He's a funny lad guns and stray or injured animals seem to be his weak spot, we found a duckling on the road it's mum had been killed so he chased it caught it and brought it home "so the foxes or a cat won't get it" it now answers to the name "crispy" Big smile.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2014 at 8:50pm
My buddy Brian (that has my Martini-Henry) had 3 little pigs.
He named them,"bacon, sausage & ham"
Hoadie
Shamu View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2014 at 8:56pm
Sad to hear of this, but at least someone will give it a god home & it's not totally a loss.
Like the kid I'm an animal sucker. We adopted 4 orphaned goslings a while back, in a 3rd floor apartmentGeek WE called the first 3 Huey, Duey & Louie, but were stuck for the 4th name till the baby pecked Mrs Shamu. He was immediately christened "Pecker".Shocked
PitBull, spawn of Rottie!
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 3:18am
Good luck, Tony!

Ed
hybridfiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybridfiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 8:53am
We had a Maori friend who had a pet pig called "Crackle". (Aussie term for 'scratchings)
This did not bode well for the pig who was a happy endearing little fellow. 
Tasted "choice" apparently. 
Id love that No4 but the chances of getting it back here to Oz are remote to none.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybridfiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 9:08am
Further to that my daughter's best friend had a rabbit and wanted a name for it and I said Confit (pronounced Confii) she thought that was nice but hit me when she looked it up. Wink
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 9:15am
Kind of like rabbit stew (hossenfeffer)? I LOVE rabbit stew!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybridfiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 9:29am
So do I. As a kid we used to shoot coneys and sell them to townsfolk to get the money for ammo.
Head shots all and the young does were ours to cook up.
We had .22s and and old sporterised 303. The 303 was a bit unkind on rabbits so didn't get used much except for the odd roo.
We would cut the tip off the MkVII ammo and drill a hollowpoint. Made no practical difference to the accuracy but boy did they drop roos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic