Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

High Power Military Shoot!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chach VonChach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Power Military Shoot!
    Posted: March 29 2007 at 8:18am
I plan on attending and taking part in a Military Competition Shoot. It's being held at The Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford, (Ma). I've never participated in a shoot like this before, and never with my SMLE Mk III.

Does anybody have any pointers/tips?

100 yrds.

5 rds Standing

5 rds Sitting/Kneeling

@ 4 minutes

5 rds Prone - 24 seconds    

- Chachie
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 8:45am
OK! IMHO , in the Standing position ......This is where  the two stage trigger of the enfield comes into its own ! Either bring the rifle up from the bottom or the side of the target taking up the first stage of the pull in a fluid motion ,as the frontsight passes over the centre let the second stage off ! Remember Breathing is everything !  Sit don't Kneel ! The steadier your stance the better! Take your time ,but don't dwell on the target ! In the Prone ? 24 seconds for 5 shots ? that's all the time in the world ! Once again make ue of that long first stage to aquire the bull & avoid bluring your sight picture by moving up to the bull & as you see it release the second stage !
       Practice is the greatest teacher ! Knowing where exactly your rifle is shooting in your hands ! Try to avoid "Thinking " about the shot .It's a common problem I've seen over the years (I started off with it as well) You start thinking about each part of the shot ....Am I breathing right,am I squeezing or pulling the trigger ,wheres the shot going to go ect ,ect ! The secret is .............Just take the bloody Shot & get it over with ! At work I find the target & shoot it ! Simple (Yeah right !!!!!)
            At the end of the Day ......................Enjoy yourself ! Ya not making a living at this ! Your shooting against yourself ,not the other shooters ! record your score & try & improve each time !

Dave   
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 9:29pm
sounds like fun , ive gotta try something like this myself one day soon , have fun and let us know how it goes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic