Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1919 Lithgow
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1919 Lithgow

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message
muffett.2008 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: December 09 2011
Location: scone. nsw
Status: Offline
Points: 751
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffett.2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 7:16pm
All the same, it's a nice looking rifle, 5th, Andrew seems to having a big cleanout, trouble is he only offers me the dregs.
 I will admit I have been thinking along similar lines, just trying to correlate all the little details on some early Lithgows, maybe you had better help me out with the 13/14 stampings I'm asking about on Gunboards.
  Illness, old age and an uninterested adult family have me thinking that it's time I pulled all that cash back in, but it will be the rest of the world collection first.Unhappy
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Avatar
Donating Member

Joined: May 05 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5018
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 1:40am
Originally posted by muffett.2008 muffett.2008 wrote:

All the same, it's a nice looking rifle, 5th, Andrew seems to having a big cleanout, trouble is he only offers me the dregs.
 I will admit I have been thinking along similar lines, just trying to correlate all the little details on some early Lithgows, maybe you had better help me out with the 13/14 stampings I'm asking about on Gunboards.
  Illness, old age and an uninterested adult family have me thinking that it's time I pulled all that cash back in, but it will be the rest of the world collection first.Unhappy


Im hoping My Son will start appreciating My old rifles again..  If he dont Son in Law is already starting to eye up the Enfields !!!  LOL!!!  Its taking some time , But he is slowly starting to acquire some taste !!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Back to Top
Homer View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January 01 2013
Location: Brisbane
Status: Offline
Points: 467
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 10:56am


Sorry muffer it might have seemed that way but really it all happened very quickly. A few blokes came through and made very good offers. I only advertised one rifle and that was after everything was sold and for fun really. Ten years collecting some of the rarest lithgows gone in a few weeks, but I feel great.
Back to Top
5thBatt View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: October 27 2008
Location: New Zealand
Status: Offline
Points: 324
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5thBatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Homer Homer wrote:



Sorry muffer it might have seemed that way but really it all happened very quickly. A few blokes came through and made very good offers. I only advertised one rifle and that was after everything was sold and for fun really. Ten years collecting some of the rarest lithgows gone in a few weeks, but I feel great.
Did you manage to get every year of manufacture?
Back to Top
Homer View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: January 01 2013
Location: Brisbane
Status: Offline
Points: 467
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 2:16pm
All but two, 1913 and 1938. Could have had both those years but the ones I came across were very poor and way too much money. Still got a nice assortment of about 30 rifles dated between 1914 and 1921, all lithgows of course and another dozen or so very nice coachwood rifles from WW2. And six Q^P's. If thats not enough enfields to enjoy, I'm kidding myself :)
Back to Top
muffett.2008 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: December 09 2011
Location: scone. nsw
Status: Offline
Points: 751
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffett.2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 6:17pm
Big hiccup is if you collect Lithgows you have to be prepared to pay, it's not like they made millions like the others.
 Factor in two major wars, several police actions and the anti gun push and those not so rare years suddenly seem good, the surviving ones of the rarer years you can just about count without taking your socks off.
 Looking at the sportered ones makes me cry tears of blood.Unhappy
Back to Top
5thBatt View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: October 27 2008
Location: New Zealand
Status: Offline
Points: 324
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5thBatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Homer Homer wrote:

All but two, 1913 and 1938. Could have had both those years but the ones I came across were very poor and way too much money. Still got a nice assortment of about 30 rifles dated between 1914 and 1921, all lithgows of course and another dozen or so very nice coachwood rifles from WW2. And six Q^P's. If thats not enough enfields to enjoy, I'm kidding myself :)
I'm trying to keep my collection (all rifles) to around 40 but i do expect it will go higher,  if i had kept all the rifles i've owned, i would have hundreds by now, have had only the one regret but have since got it back Smile
Back to Top
Rockape2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: February 25 2013
Location: England
Status: Offline
Points: 60
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockape2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 10:34pm

 Looking at the sportered ones makes me cry tears of blood.Unhappy
Over here we find early matching Lithgows and other SMLE Enfields still with the volley sights deactivated because they can get more money for a wall hanger than a live one and these before deactivation still had good head space and bores. Makes one cryCry
Back to Top
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Donating Member

Joined: December 12 2006
Location: MN , USA
Status: Offline
Points: 8868
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 8:28am
all this talk of downsizing makes me reflect on the joy involved in seeking out the purchases and the sorrow at parting with them , its sad our heirs dont get wise in our lifetime , 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.