Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FFL questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFL questions

 Post Reply Post Reply
Hangman View Drop Down

Joined: May 29 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Status: Offline
Points: 24
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FFL questions
    Posted: June 09 2018 at 5:20am
I am in the process of buying a 1941 Lithgow No 1 Mk 3 that is is immaculate condition with matching numbers.

It is a son who is getting rid of some of his father’s rifles after he passed.

I know that in the state of New York I have to go through an FFL dealer (gun store) and pay the transfer fee and have it shipped here.

My question is the seller always required to ship out an old rifle like this through a dealer on his end?   He was planning on shipping it out insured and wrapped in bubble wrap.
He is in Chicago.

I have not bought a rifle out of state in about 25 years. My gun store does not open until 9 AM.

Thanks for any helpful information.

Back to Top
Sponsored Links

Back to Top
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Donating Member

Joined: December 12 2006
Location: MN , USA
Status: Offline
Points: 8630
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 9:29pm
that rifle is not an antiqe , in spite of what modern soldiers would tell you as they have real modern stuff now , it has to predate 1899 to qualfy there - then you could technically recieve it [save new york laws] so YES , FFL shipping is required , and if ii were living in your state i would require FFL to FFL even tho federal law allows individuals to ship to your FFL , 

i hope that helps , i would never disparage another state but some have the most unconstitutional laws in place that i could not in good conscience say otherwise than to protect yourself by paying the extra for FFL to FFL transfer , that way you are legal and above board , the only other caveat is that california has magazine restrictions that could.would affect the enfield 10 round box magazine , 

DO NOT TAKE DIRECT SHIPMENT FROM ANYWHERE INTERSTATE , most state would allow face to face transfer but i would check before doing that , 

any firearm over 50 years old that is not on the ATF list is C&R transferable , yet in your state id be careful to check that as well , 
Back to Top
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Joined: March 16 2006
Location: Niagara/Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 7076
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 3:56am
N.Y. seems to have more restrictive firearm laws than the rest of the U.S.

Most suppliers won't even ship parts to N.Y.state!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.