he!!o From MN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: he!!o From MN
    Posted: October 22 2019 at 8:00pm
no worries , you needn't add so much on an international site generally but you happen to have found one with fellow folks in closer proximity , there are a couple of us here i think , i have friends that live in lakeville as it happens so im familiar with that area a little , 

glad you have joined us and hope one day to be able to help with anything , we have some great dakota folks here as well , you are in good company on this site , 
stratomn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratomn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2019 at 7:57pm
Sorry, should have included i live in the South metro area of lakeville.  Thanks to all who replied, i definitely look forward to this forum!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2019 at 7:09pm
welcome from the home state , im in the st cloud area , 
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2019 at 5:51pm
Welcome from Texas
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2019 at 2:52pm
Welcome Minnesota...
From White Bear Lake area myself, of course family Dad's side and Mother's side all over Minn. From Red Wing to International Falls.
Sounds like your going to have a great time with your new weapon.
Check out the reloading data and tips. These folks have done a Great job in sharing info. 

Later 42rocker
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2019 at 12:48pm
Welcome from Brandon, Manitoba, Canada!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2019 at 11:54am
Welcome to the forum.

Reading your other post; sounds like the rifle is shooting just fine! 1-2" groups at 100 yards is good.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2019 at 10:24am
Welcome!

There is a lot of collective knowledge here; and all very decent folks! 
stratomn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratomn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2019 at 5:53am
Update:  We took the rifle out on friday and it shot just fine.  I am looking forward to buying some dies and finding a great plinking load!
stratomn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratomn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 8:24am
Just joined the forum.  My father-in-law just gifted us his No 4 Mk I * long branch 1943 he purchased as a teenager from a military surplus store in Superior WI as his deer hunting rifle.

It hasn't been shot I think since the fifties.  I'm planning on buying reloading dies, etc for it but wanted to learn more about what i have and if its even safe to shoot :)

Looking forward to the forum, and any clues anyone can give on things to look out for if it is able to be used or not.  It has the long range ladder sights on it and the bolt action seems smooth.  Should i buy a box of ammo and try one round?

Thanks for any insight you can offer!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic