Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gun show this weekend...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun show this weekend...
    Posted: October 30 2019 at 7:18pm
I am going to a rather small gun show this weekend to browse around. There is a vendor that is always at these shows that sells a lot of small Enfield parts. He always has SMLE, No 4 and sometimes No 5 parts. Once in a while he has older stuff too. If any of you are looking for small parts please let me know and I will dig through the bins and pickup what you need if it's there.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 8:00pm
if i did not have to work hunter sight in at the club i would ask where and make a road trip to meet with you , one day soon my friend we n must make that happen , it would be a perfect venue to get acquainted with the personal side without the lack of gun related interest , we need to thin about this one day , 
i think i could get gimp to make that trip , you would like him , one of my better friends and an inspiration to everyone he meets , been in a wheel chair since he was 14 but went to the olympics as an archer , contender multiple times - brought home a medal or two , a motivational speaker as well , 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 11:12pm
A meeting does need to happen soon, bud. It would just be nice to put a face to the forum name for a change. Plus, I could pick your brain for hours to get a bit more knowledge out of you on some things LOL  I have seen you mention Gimp before and I would love to meet him too. This time around the gun show is 20 miles further west of where I live but more closer to you will be coming up. Let me know of any in your area coming up and hopefully we can get a meeting planned in there.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 5:51pm
would love that - so many things to discuss and just sharing the time with a forum member would be great , we will find something we all can make one day soon , 

you will enjoy aaron[gimp] his choice of a nickname , he has been in a wheel chair since he was 14 training for the olympics as a cyclist , ended up going as an archer multiple times in his chair - he is a deer hunter with slug gun and an ATA trap shooter , ive not converted him to enfields yet but he loves gunshows , 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2019 at 4:41am
The gun show was a bit of a bust for me. Not a lot of vendors or people but what I saw for firearms was actually lower in price than I had seen in a long time. No Enfields but a select of Mausers and Mosin-Nagants and a lot of Garands. I ended up just getting some ammo. I got a brand new box of South African PMP 174gr softpoints for $10 and I got 21 rounds of 1954 Dominion for $10. Decent enough for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic