Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repro Rear Micrometer Sight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repro Rear Micrometer Sight
    Posted: December 03 2019 at 5:37am
Anyone have the reproduction No. 4/5 Rifle rear micrometer sight that is available from Numrich? 

They are on sale at the moment for $42.90.  The range scale is from 200 to 800 so I assume they are the version for the No. 5 Rifle which should have the double thread giving a finer elevation adjustment than the Mk 1 rear sight.    
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 8:58am
Originally posted by britrifles britrifles wrote:

Anyone have the reproduction No. 4/5 Rifle rear micrometer sight that is available from Numrich? 

They are on sale at the moment for $42.90.  The range scale is from 200 to 800 so I assume they are the version for the No. 5 Rifle which should have the double thread giving a finer elevation adjustment than the Mk 1 rear sight.    

That looks to be a lot of work for something that sells retail at $42

Are parts really getting so difficult to find that even sights have to be reproduced ?
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 9:58am
A photo would help to get an opinion.

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 12:30pm
Regular list price is $76.50.  Looks just like the original. 

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 5:12pm
I have one on my No5. It is identical to an original.  I modified this one so I have windage adjustments now.Wink
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 6:01pm
Thanks Goosic.  I just ordered two of them.  I like the windage adjustment!  I wish I could use it for CMP matches.  Does it take a permanent mod to the receiver to adapt the windage screw?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 6:06pm
Yeppers.  You have to drill the axis pin holes out to a bigger size and then drill a tiny hole deep enough to put a tiny spring and steel ball into.
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2019 at 12:20am
Originally posted by britrifles britrifles wrote:

Thanks Goosic.  I just ordered two of them.  I like the windage adjustment!  I wish I could use it for CMP matches.  Does it take a permanent mod to the receiver to adapt the windage screw?

The sights are readily available, but their use does mean that you can never return your rifle to original, or use original sights.

They are often found on Ebay listed as 'No4 Target Sights' but were in fact designed for a totally different training rifle.

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2019 at 5:56am
I have one The Armourer.  It is not that I don't like it,it is just that I don't like that the big peep hole is missing. I therefore,make my own,with the peep hole still intact,especially on my No5MkI where I can still use it for hunting deer and then target practice with it.👍👍👍
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2019 at 6:01am
Homemade 200-1300 on the left. Store bought in the center,and homemade 200-800 on the right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic