Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holy Grail....Really???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 6:44am
Every one of the mummy rifles has that cut, it was required by law to verify the actual number. so the  serial could be recorded.
Most also have one at the muzzle so the origin marks could be applied too.
Yes thats a genuine fresh from the factory No4 Mk2. It may (or may not) also have no civvy Brit (BNP) proof marks. If so it went to Ireland & was sold to CAI from there for export to the U S.
I don't know NZ values but for the U.S. It would be about correct for US$1100.oo.
That was & is my Holy Grail Rifle.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 6:49am
That is one sweet rifle.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 6:51am
& it is not unfired!
When I unwrapped it & cleaned out the cosmo I also got GSR out of the bore!Evil Smile! I assume for proofing or function testing at the factory?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
philtno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2020 at 1:56pm
UPDATE
The wrapped one I sent the link for was sold for......NZ$3010 !!!
Holy Cr@p!!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2020 at 3:27pm
I think most of us missed out on the plentiful Mk 2’s that were made surplus back in the ‘60s and ‘70’s, many were never issued.  If I had one in the wrapping, it wouldn’t stay that way for very long.  Not sure I would pay $3000 for one.  
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2020 at 5:12pm
i once had a charnwood 308 conversion that looked like that mk2 - i should have kept it , beautiful rifle shamu and congrats to all that have the wrapped ones that used to be available - have not seen one of those advertised for quite a while but then ive not been looking , i do have a nice FAZ mk2 and two mkI/2 and a mkI*/3 all in 303 though more than i can shoot regularly , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2020 at 6:02pm
My Holy Grail Enfield will always be an original No4Mk1 T.  I will always be envious of those who have the L39A1/L42A1 rifles and a bit more so of those who have an original T. I would love to find a mummy wrapped  No4Mk1 Enfield but they do not hold an appeal to me like the sniper rifle.  Unless something falls into my lap in the not too distant future I will still be happy and content with my homegrown No4 T. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic