Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my latest project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my latest project
    Posted: January 16 2020 at 5:05pm
i need to shoot photos - ive got to get the camera out for another reason as well so ill get it done soon , i thought id mention it and see if anyone else tried this , 
one reason i ask is because the mfgr of this conversion has apparently gone out of buisness recently - shame too because he made a fantastic product , 

so a year ago give or take on one of my 22 sites i saw a 10/22 thompson machine gun conversion kit [semi-auto] i liked it so i bought the kit , then sought out a 10/22 to convert - found that thru my LGS guy , brand new at about 2/3 cost as it was a sales display , 

i recently got a little time and remover the barreled action from the stock - i sent the stock off to a pay it forward fellow that wanted it , he said he was very happy ,
then i pulled out the kit bits and finished what seems a beautiful walnut wood set , ive ordered sling swivels i need to fit yet and a thompson MG kerr sling for it , 
i spent an evening fitting up the metal bits of the kit and have it assembled with the stock bits - it looks pretty nice , 
i still have to fit the sling swivels to the buttstock and forearm - wood fitting .........yup , thats gonna take a little time - i dont have the tools so ill have to hand fit slowly , 

so the motivator here is ;
i did this conversion to another 10/22 to an M1carbine look , i own an Savage mod 19 NRA that simulates the M1903 , M1922 trainer , Windermusket trainer , sig M1911-22 , berretta 92-22 , etc .....these have somewhat replaced my US collection that i sold off years ago to concentrate on my commonwealth items , 

42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 7:02am
Sounds neat can't wait to see the pics. On my list is to finish a Thompson parts kit. Looks like yours will be done before mine for sure. 

Later 42rocker
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2020 at 4:01pm
OK , i was trying to improve my photos by playin around and hot these -

42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2020 at 6:43pm
That looks better. Enjoy. 

Later 42rocker 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2020 at 7:10pm
i will , but think grandkids will enjoy more , im in the declining years these days and still enjoying for way different reasons , seeing the kids do their thing has become a pretty fn experience , particularly with my vintage and one off items , it was satisfying to complete this one 

came back to add that my experiences with projects over the years are not so intricate as simons , i admire his work , i have done a few enfields and the 22s tho over the years that have really made me happy , 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2020 at 8:38am
That is really neat. I am amazed at what all is available for the 10/22's. I may have to start looking there to get more plinkers. I am finding myself enjoying the .22's for more lately. Arthritis in the shoulders makes a day of shooting high power uncomfortable at best so the .22's get much more range time.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2020 at 5:43pm
it is scary what is out there for the 10/22 , i have a few , early international , this new mock conversion , an earlier M1 carbine mock conversion but there are crazy serious things out there happening in this realm , costing crazy serious money , i might pick up a takedown before im done but i think im not getting into that crazy costly world of 10/22s , i do enjoy my traditionals more 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2020 at 2:59pm
Long ago & Far away. A 10-22 bullpup!
The "she!!s" are kewl & fun, but a Ginormous pain in the patootie to clean.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2020 at 4:10pm
as you can see there were two options for the forearm , you could buy one kit and get one set of bits or the other and get the other set of bits , he also offered a combo kit that came with all of the bits , when i bought i had not decided which i wanted , 

i settled for the military look instead of the chicago gangster look , but i have the other bits should i decide to change it out , in addition to the foregrip there is a different rear sight and a couple other bits , if nothing else i will hold them for future owner options , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic