Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Bayonets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone ID this maker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CivilWarAtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anyone ID this maker
    Posted: January 17 2020 at 12:38pm
Can anyone tell what the maker might be for this 1907 Enfield Bayonet?

Circle that is very faint ...ING...maybe TOW...

I cannot see and after looking though all my references online - I don't know of any maker's with a Circle around the name.

Perhaps its a location?

Also the marks under the Ricasso -  Crown over 1W over E over ????

E I associate Enfield. 

Bradley B.
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 3:08pm
Remington

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 3:14pm
sorry , photo is not clear enough for me to see it , but i would lean to agreeing with terry lee 
CivilWarAtl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CivilWarAtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 4:29pm
AHHHH thats why I kept hitting a dead end - Here I was going through every British proof and maker I could find when the obvious answer was staring right at me. Its very faint but - yep its 100 percent a Remington made 1907.

Thank You so much!!!!
Bradley B.
Sarge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 6:21am
he!!o CivilWarAtl. A fine example of a Remington manufactured pattern 1907 bayonet, and incidentally one of the three manufacture dates that I personally am looking for. Remington manufactured the '07' from April 1915 to December 1915, with a total manufacture of 100,000.

Would you care to trade?

.."I cannot see and after looking though all my references online - I don't know of any maker's with a Circle around the name." That was quite a surprise to me considering your location. There were two manufacturers during WW1 who's logo was encased in a circle... Remington and Winchester.

This is MY rifle, there are many like, but this one... is MINE!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic