Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stormagedon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stormagedon
    Posted: January 17 2020 at 8:29pm
well , all week been hearing of this awful snow storm , don't get me wrong - not dissin the weatherfolks , the predictions were good all week so i took this seriously ...as did the schools and all but a few events that were planned for the area - there is a big craft beer event tomorrow at the civic center 

3" is a normal winter snow - it doesn't really affect anything much save the snowplows and drivers OT to plug my driveway , we have had a bunch of those so far - will get a bunch more before winter is done , 

so far i've got about three inches - maybe more since noon way less than half what was predicted today of 6-8 inches , we have gotten a good amount of the predicted wind and drifting but its a bit calmer now , 
we shall see what tomorrow brings - predicted the same 6-8 and 25 mph with 35-50mph gusts , ill not say its not gonna happen but i'm starting to doubt it , i'm happy if that is the case as i hate starting the snow blower and spending a couple hours clearing it ,
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 8:35pm
Well Been there done that. Stay warm. 
Down here in Fla we have broken two records for heat. Cut the grass last weekend, 1st time this year. Had temps around 80 to 85 this week and the lows were never below 70. 
I'm thinking that I'm not going to be moving back to White Bear Lake, Minnesota. 
Like I said stay warm. 

Later 42rocker 

Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2020 at 9:49pm
How bad have things been? Weeeellll... My work sent me home at noon on Wednesday and let me work from home that afternoon and Thursday and Friday. The wind.... Oh Lord, that wind. It's been awful. We haven't gotten a lot of snow but 30 mph winds with gusts north of 50 have blown about what we do have. My roads here in the country are impassable and will be until the wind dies down. Hold on to your hat, A_Square, because that wind will get much worse LOL
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 5:23am
Bear..you folks on the prairie are a different breed of cat.
If you aint gettin dried-out, flooded-out, or burnt-out..yer gettin blown-out, whited-out or froze-out!!

I don't think God intended folks to live there
Loose wimmen tightened here
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 6:06am
Me and the wife just got in from shovelling. Wow! Still nasty! 60 km winds, snow and hard drifts! Prairie life!
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 6:30am
Used to live in the City of White Bear Lake, Minnesota. Row after row of houses and with the wind whip between them we used to get 2 or 3 inches of snow then quick up into a 6 to 7 foot drift. Remember one year seeing 10 foot plus drifts. Not on the Prairie, but in the city. One of the things that I did think of was of my Grandfather and Great-Grandfather living in Loman, just to the West of International Falls, Minnesota and how cold they had it.  
You Folks still up there stay warm. 

Later 42rocker
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 6:33am
I have to go pick up Girl Scout Cookies in a couple of hours for my teenage Girl Scout to sell. I'll have to shovel some sunshine out of the way to get the truck out from under the parking canopy. It's cold enough that I might have to resort to wearing long shorts and my Van's instead of flip flops...😎
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 7:26am
Not warmed up much here yet.  Minus 27 yesterday, but with the stiff breeze it felt colder than when it was minus 42 I believe.
Only a foot of snow on the level here.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 10:00am
Here in BC the Fraser Valley got hammered with snow big time.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 10:05am
A side from the ritual front weirdness of 70F to 28F in less than 12 hours it has been a mild winter in Texas
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 10:32am
I for one want to thank Justin Trudeau for the Carbon Tax. When people that it was just a tax grab, he has now proved them wrong! In just a few short months after forcing the tax on us, Canada has recorded record lows from BC to Newfoundland! We did it! We stopped Canadian Global Warming!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 10:35am
Aren't you guys due for another ice age???
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 10:43am
Right on, HT!!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 1:45pm
Yeah, we are a bit different here on the prairie. We complain about the weather being so drastic and yet we stay. Hard to beat the peacefulness that comes with it.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 3:24pm
I agree... In Manitoba, we've had two weeks of extreme cold. Daytime highs of -25c, wind chill -35c. Some evenings for our walk, -40c, with the wind. Relentless. We must be getting old because last night before our walk, -44c with the wind chill, my wife asked me if I might finally want to put on my mittens? I wear the same Canadian combo I've worn for 50 years... wool mitt liners with pull on leather mittens. Red ribbon on the bottom of the leather. Every Canadian (at least west of Kenora) knows what I'm talking about!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2020 at 4:21pm
well , we got 6" not the 13-18 predicted , yes we had some wind but not the 50+mph predicted 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic