Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new to me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new to me
    Posted: January 18 2020 at 5:08pm
So Fri my latest purchase arrived.
Its a jw25a, a rough copy of the kkw mauser 22 trainer based on a rough rendition of the bruno/cz mauser-esque 22 action.
Cool little small version of the mauser made by norinco, and to my suprise, it shoot suprisingly well for a chineese knock off.
Relativaly easy to find in Canada, not so much in the states after the norinco embargo.
If you find one you should grab it, its alot of fun for a little money.
Made me smile at the range today, now if I could just find an affordable bayonet for it....... ;)
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2020 at 8:18am
does it have its lugs ? wonders never cease , which bayo does it take ? 

my mkIV trainer is the only of mine that will , not that they need one particularly but its kinda nice to have , 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2020 at 11:25am
Yes it has and the cleaning rod.
K98 bayonets fit.
Might try one of those chineese repros that are out there.
Also the k98 slings fit as well... its cool.
philtno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2020 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by shiloh shiloh wrote:

So Fri my latest purchase arrived.
Its a jw25a, a rough copy of the kkw mauser 22 trainer based on a rough rendition of the bruno/cz mauser-esque 22 action.
Cool little small version of the mauser made by norinco, and to my suprise, it shoot suprisingly well for a chineese knock off.
Relativaly easy to find in Canada, not so much in the states after the norinco embargo.
If you find one you should grab it, its alot of fun for a little money.
Made me smile at the range today, now if I could just find an affordable bayonet for it....... ;)
I confirm...Thumbs Up
I have one and it shoots pretty well.  Actually my wife shoots it more than me and she reaches 1.5 MOA at 50m with iron sights. [edited: actual grouping is between 1 and 1.5 MOA...3.5 cm grouping Wink]
Talking about iron sights, the one I have needed to have the front iron sight pushed fully to the left and the rear sight needed a bit of filling to put it horizontal.  So a bit of work on it was needed but, other than that, once done, it shoots very well Smile
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 5:11pm
and this is what it looks like

And it surprisingly shoots very good, managed 3/4" 5rnd groups at 100yrds.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 5:21pm
very nice , great shooting too , i like it , good luck with that bayo i hope you find one you like 
philtno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2020 at 5:50pm
Nice one, yes!!
The woodwork looks better than mine. Mine is darker and looks more "fake" I would say..although it's actually wood.
Have you tried the iron sights?? If yes, what do you think of them??
Regards

Philtno
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2020 at 3:38am
Originally posted by philtno philtno wrote:

Nice one, yes!!
The woodwork looks better than mine. Mine is darker and looks more "fake" I would say..although it's actually wood.
Have you tried the iron sights?? If yes, what do you think of them??
Regards

Philtno

I scraped all the coloured 2prt urethane finish off it, it was down right ugly, currently has 4 coats of boiled oil on. It is real wood, what type, I have no clue. Its not walnut, maybe luan or Chinese elm.
 Yes I have used the iron sights but only at 25yrd, like yous, these sights were messed up, the front sight wasn`t even square to the action???, now that right there is honest to goodness Chinese craftsmanship. But once corrected they weren`t too bad, so I mounted the scope.
 This rifle is about 3-4" shorter than a real Mauser and about the same length as a No5 Enfield.

As far as a bayonet goes, Im bidding on one on fleabay, if I win I win if not maybe I`ll grab one of the Czechoslovakian reproductions, the Chinese ones are pure crap.
 My plan is to use this rifle in our local 22lr precision league because it shoots well and is fun and looks cool. The league shoots 25-200yrds, my first match is this weekend, looking forward to it.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2020 at 5:18pm
oh , do post afters i like the oiled look , 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2020 at 8:55am
Stuff like this makes me wish we would not have the weapons embargo. Would love to have one of these to play with.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2020 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Bear43 Bear43 wrote:

Stuff like this makes me wish we would not have the weapons embargo. Would love to have one of these to play with.

There are some state side, a few made it your way before the embargo, so finding one for sale might be tough.
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2020 at 12:37am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

oh , do post afters i like the oiled look , 

I occaisionally like to get well oiled but never when I'm driving or shootingBeer
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic