Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big disappointment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big disappointment
    Posted: February 05 2020 at 10:09am
So I'm on my last day of a vacation in Puerto Vallarta with the wife and daughter. It's rained two out of seven days, and been hazy. My biggest disappointment is the lack of anything Lee Enfield here!Big smile
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 10:52am
Well, you could always drink a big glass of tap water and have a rip-roaring adventure! LOL
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 11:06am
Bear43....LOLLL!!! The passengers on the plane home will know what transpired (Montezuma's revenge).
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 12:14pm
But it would take his mind off of anything Lee-Enfield related Wink
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 12:27pm
HT: Theres yer biggest mistake..Puerto Viartta. Spent my honeymoon there in '85. 10 of the longest days of my life!!
I've never set a foot back in Mexico again, after that.
(Now I know why the States gave it back after the Mex / American war!!)
What a dump..& I'm convinced MOST of the people there are crazy!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 4:43pm
From drinking the water no doubt.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 7:39pm
Well this is where you should have gone:

Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 8:23pm
that looks like fun SW28fan , i might like it too , 

as to bears suggestion , im not thinking that would ever cross my mind - way to many bad experiences in my life to revisit that , if its raining find a dry place like a museum , art gallery , or watch people in the lobby and laugh at all the stupid things you see , on the other hand if the temps good take a walk in the rain , 

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 4:22am
That looks like a great day out! Although probably a bad day for my bank account!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 6:52am
""

""

One of my friends works there. He goes by flemgunner on several of the sites.  Good Man. 

Myself I'm a fan of Paris, France. For something to do with the wife that is.  

Big Tank and Truck get together in Mt Dora, Fla in a few weeks. 

Later 42rocker
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 6:56am
Originally posted by SW28fan SW28fan wrote:

I did that for ten years of my life.

Nothing like the smell of a newly burning Russian armor.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 11:11am
In France there are a few WWII tanks still doing shows and events.
Last year there was a huge turn out for a local event celebrating the 75th anniversary of the liberation of the little town of Bonneval. We had more vehicles than the Paris event; and they toured around the local villages.
I enjoyed watching them with my daughter.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Tonsper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonsper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 1:53pm
I have now been in Baja California since mid-November last. The weather is great, prices for restaurants and grocery stores are great, gas prices are the same as in Alberta. My only real issue is NO repeat NO kinds of smokepoles allowed for foreigners, even property owners. Even having a cartridge in your pocket can cause problems. That part stinks, big time.

I have had to take some of my hard earned money intended for my rifle collection and turn that cash into an off road buggy. It is no real consolation but SWMBO leaves me alone when I am travelling off road. I have spent a bit of time on the track used for the Baja 1000 although there is no chance that I will ever be good enough to drive in an event. The track is fun but it can be terrifying sometimes. Locals often do not look to the side when crossing the track.
Waiting for first light. Shook hands with the devil.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 3:08pm
Mexican trip in the past! Mixed up some 60/40 ground venison to ground pork, pulled the BBQ out of the snow bank, (while throwing a 15 pak of good Canadian Brewhouse Pilsner in the snow bank). While the grill was heating and the beer cooling, gave a few of my LE rifles some TLC. Nothing better than home!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 3:12pm
Good to hear you are back home and loving it! Cheers to you, HT! Beer
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 8:43pm
Glad you are back in the homeland, HT!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic