Went to buy projectiles today.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Went to buy projectiles today.
    Posted: June 25 2020 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Whitjr Whitjr wrote:

It seems that you have a new, inexperienced store clerk assisting you,, or a new, inexperienced store manager making everyone do stupid things.  

Maybe you shouldn’t look so much like a Arab terrorist when you go in....   

JK.

Who? Me? Never!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Black Prince View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2020 at 4:04pm
Jesus you guys are lucky.
Here in Australia when you go to buy, primers and powder from a licensed dealer, you need your licence to be shown and when the purchase goes through it is noted down on the computer forever.
But you can purchase brass and projectiles with out showing licence.
And getting a pistol sent in the mail, well heaven forbid we'd be dreaming, if the postie delivered a pistol or a rifle in the mail to our house.
To go into a gun dealers shop here and if you want to see and handle a rifle etc you need to produce your licence before that happens.
I cream my pants whenever I visit the USA and go into gun shops, phew it's like a major wet dream. (I am 71).The stuff we used to be able to buy here before the 1990's.
My father was a gun dealer here good times them.
I know what I like & like what I know.
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2020 at 4:10am
It seems that you have a new, inexperienced store clerk assisting you,, or a new, inexperienced store manager making everyone do stupid things.  

Maybe you shouldn’t look so much like a Arab terrorist when you go in....   

JK.

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 8:07pm
i dont blame you , i got a good deal on the conversion for the 58 , thats a lot , and somehow i cant bring myself to load a 47 with cartridges , some things just have to be as made - that 58 on the other hand was a transitional design - the top strap was an innovation over colts open top even if the one piece design was harder to clean ,  it was the gubsmiths design of the time for custom conversions to cartridge , led to the 75 that was a fine cartridge revolver i have not bought yet , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 5:15pm
They are offering the cartridge conversion but I'm not in the mood to spend an additional 250 bucks. I'll stick with the cap and  ball cylinder...
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 4:58pm
that was a buy , i bought my 1847 for about 385 a while back , yup - delivered to the door , as did the 51 , 58 , and 60 

i bought my 1858 and a cartridge conversion cylinder but they delivered separately to the door . that shoots pretty decent with my hand loads , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2020 at 7:28pm
I just bought a 44 caliber Uberti 1847 Colt Walker from www.midwayusa.com on sale for $369.99. It will show up in my mailbox in three or four days. There is only one left in stock now.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2020 at 5:58pm
OK - this is officially out of hand - as if it has not been since 68 , we need to change some laws - the constitution says .............."shall make no laws "

i just ordered 2500 cast 45s and 1500 cast 38s - both delivered in separate packages this week to my front door , im not happy with a lot of things in this state but i can still make bullets and shoot , i will order more 38s when i get set up and load all the cases i have , but im set for 45s for this year i have everything loaded at this point 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2020 at 10:13am
Aww geeze guy! you're really making me feel guilty now! Hug
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2020 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

-=* Updated *=-
The 3 rd box finally arrived so I took my receipts & went to pick them up.
THEY WANTED ME TO RE I.D. MYSELF OVER AGAIN.
AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
They just permanently lost a customer.
There's  a possibility that you may get some 215gr Woodleigh bullets and some 200 grn  D166 Lapua FMJ rebated BT's in the mail in the near future...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2020 at 9:28am
Maybe they have altzheimer's!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2020 at 7:52am
-=* Updated *=-
The 3 rd box finally arrived so I took my receipts & went to pick them up.
THEY WANTED ME TO RE I.D. MYSELF OVER AGAIN.
AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
They just permanently lost a customer.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2020 at 4:53am
I am very grateful and very thankful I live where I do. Not too long ago I went online to a black powder gun site and put in my shopping cart a box of .452 lead projectiles,wadding, a bottle of FFF black powder,and one 1851 .44 Reb model revolver. Gave them my credit card information at checkout and three days later went out to my mailbox to retrieve the aforementioned.  The only thing as far as ID required at checkout was a box to click on indicating that I was over 18. I buy all my reloading stuff from either www.midwayusa.com or, I drive the 10 miles to the nearest Cabella's.  I have yet to show ID or sign for anything such as projectiles,primers,or gunpowder.  Incidentally, Cabella's has all their black powder stuff in the same aisle as the pellet/bb gun stuff because according to the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, all that stuff is considered a Non Firearm and does NOT have the same weapons classification as a rimfire or centerfire pistol,rifle,or shotgun...
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2020 at 4:13am
I never have to provide ID foe projectiles, only if buying live or firearms.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2020 at 4:10am
If you want some fishing weights and a length of copper tube for plumbing you will need I.D. then!
Even in France you only need to show your firearm certificate to validate what calibre of "live" rounds you can buy. Not a problem when buying components. Do need I.D. for powder, but that's no a big deal.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2020 at 8:26pm
Based off of Shamu's observation.  An ID would therefore be needed to purchase .177 pellets and any round or conical lead projectiles for black powder non firearms as well. Especially for the .177 or .25 pellets/ammunition. A bag of marbles/ammunition for a slingshot would need an ID as well,as would paintballs/ammunition.  Stupid...Thumbs Down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic