Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Stuff for Enfields > Wanted Items *Must Have 20 Points to Post.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lee speed sight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsincopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lee speed sight
    Posted: February 26 2020 at 3:19am
Looking for a rear
Sight for a lee speed
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 3:08pm
On another note... I do have a pristine No4 Mk1 reciever and barrel. Lee Speeds are basically Sporters, albeit high end. Could you make the furniture for this hardware in an exotic wood? If possible, could you post some of your works on other rifles/shotguns? It might be cool to build a No4 with a P-H aperture sight and a five round magazine with hand crafted furniture in exotic wood! My curiousity is piqued... thanks!
Jsincopey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsincopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 2:25am
you would spend 4-5 thousand on wood for an Enfield?? Really??
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 4:55am
Yikes. I had no idea custom stocks were were expensive! My bad! 
Jsincopey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsincopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 3:11am
I have done many mausers ? How come no Enfield guys have ever sent me one?? Must be too frugal ? Enfield tightwads lol!!
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 4:19am
No its because only stupid rich people with no clue spend like that, you know the kind, to them a couple grand is like 10 bucks to the rest of us.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 6:07am
As I mentioned, I had no idea a custom stock was that much. There are many examples of excellent Sporters on this forum. I guess my walnut Bishop Sporter stock will remain my "exotic" wood rifle! No4 hardware in good shooting condition can usually be picked up for $150-$200 in my neck of the woods. Finding an after market Sporter wood stock is getting tough, and many people around here use products like ATI. I'm not aware of any company producing walnut Sporter stocks... pity...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Jsincopey Jsincopey wrote:

I have done many mausers ? How come no Enfield guys have ever sent me one?? Must be too frugal ? Enfield tightwads lol!!
 You should take a No1Mk111, No1Mk111*,No4Mk1,No4Mk2,and a  No5Mk1 furniture set and make a batch of reproduction sets using Beech and or Walnut, nothing fancy. Also using an ATI composite set, run a batch using the same wood as mentioned above. There is a definite market for full wood and sporter furniture for the Lee Enfield and if you have the skill set you mentioned and are willing to make some added income, this would pan out for you exponentially...
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 8:11am
I have thought about trying my hand at stock making. What tools would I need if I were to get serious about it?
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 8:22am
Goosic. I had the same thought. He could use the ATI as a template. Jsincopey, I'll bet there would be a bigger market for these wood Sporter Enfield stocks than for Mausers! 
Jsincopey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsincopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 2:01pm
tools are
Not expensive .. lol I use a rasp ... a band saw .. chisel... lamp for smoking and fitting metal into wood .. some sand paper .. cheering tools ... and a whole pile of knowledge through trail and error lol .. I have a duplicator but that was not needed I do all my stuff by hand now.. just turns out better.. there is no such thing as a duplicator that produces a finished stock that actually fits... most on this machine turn out smaller than pattern .. waste of time and money . Better to hand fit the whole thing .. 
Jsincopey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsincopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2020 at 6:54pm
help me
Pick it out for mine .. what one you think best suits a lee speed 
Mine 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2020 at 7:27pm
In my opinion, for a Lee Speed, any nicely grained wood suffices. It's in the detail (checkering, fit, elegant lines) that set these Sporters apart from regular hunting firearms at the time. Of course, being used in Africa and India might make a native wood from either of these countries appropriate!
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2020 at 7:45pm
They all look good! Pick one and go with it.
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2020 at 8:49pm
The last one pictured.
 I myself would like to have a full furnitured No4Mk1 with a Monte Carlo style butt stock all done with Screwbean Mesquite ...
Jsincopey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsincopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2020 at 9:15pm
it’s actually a very strong grained wood not seen very often 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic