Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parkerifled SHT LE 1915

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MooseTartare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parkerifled SHT LE 1915
    Posted: March 13 2020 at 7:07am
he!!o everyone,

I recently purchased a SHT LE made in 1915 and I have some questions on it's provenance and whether it would be worth restoring. I understand that it has been sporterized and an original .22 conversion would look very similar to a standard SHT LE.  Since it came with an original Parker 9.G & 6 position aperture sight I'm thinking the modifications were done to reflect the use of this sight. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 10:28am
Welcome from Alberta.
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 10:31am
welcome from North Carolina!
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 11:17am
Welcome to the forum!

Whether your rifle is worth restoring will largely depend upon model and condition.  How about some clear photos of the rifle and its markings? 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 12:07pm
Here's my original 1914 BSA-made No1 MkIII, also with the AGP No9G sight.
As you can see theres no real need to modify anything to fit it with the possible removal of a little wood from the left side of the forend under the mount adapter & the removal or modification of the original rear sight blade.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 1:20pm
Shamu, very nice looking rifle!  Like the rear sight too.  Was that bayonet serrated by the factory?  I’ve never seen one quite like that.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 2:14pm
Its something called an "artifact", a "step saw" generated by the photographic resizing process. Its not real the blade has no serrations!
I never noticed it till now either!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 2:39pm
i was going to say i thought his bayonet to be a stock standard P1907 with clearing hole my guess would have been over-magnification but i would have been guessing 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Whitjr Whitjr wrote:

welcome from North Carolina!

Welcome from North Carolina as well.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic