Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gun show cancelled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun show cancelled
    Posted: March 13 2020 at 12:24pm
The local gun show in Chilliwack, BC has been cancelled due to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak. The show would have taken place March 21-22, 2020.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 1:12pm
Anybody out there think people may be over reacting, or is this the "Big One?"
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 2:20pm
I think its a little of both.
I don't think this is any worse than all the usual end of winter beginning of spring "Flu Season", events that happen every couple of years, but I do believe in the current political climate some will use it to their advantage!
The panic is absolutely overstated, but the "Nasty Flu" is real.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 3:25pm
ours too , between trumps speech and our governors , our mayor jumped in and cancelled most everything here , 

the thing is - im not trying to minimize or trivialize this at all , i just cant figure out why this has gotten the media hype it has [save for trump maybe] and the previous events got so little [save it was obamma] and everything passes and we move on , but its gotta ruin this economy ? cause this much public panic ? 

sure its a great conversation much like the weather events but really ? must everything be a life ending crisis these days ? 

if i get it i suffer through it , if i die so be it , we are all going to go sometime/somehow , just use good sense - good habits - dont travel in those obvious situations and watch for signs you need to avoid others and heal yourself , it aint that hard - this is not SMALLPOX , POLIO or LEPERSEY , we survived those and the plague WTF ?
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 8:38am
The gun show here in Watertown, SD next weekend was cancelled and a Ducks Unlimited banquet and gun raffle scheduled for today has been postponed.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 4:26pm
nobody wants to become the epicenter of a breakout , i dont blame them but i still think this is getting too much press for what it is 
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 6:23pm
Way too much press A-Square.

World's gone mad I think.   Why, I'm still wondering!
Went o our local small town today for some ammo for the .22-250 I've been stocking.  All business as normal there.
Girl  in grocery store was wearing gloves, but that was all.
No, That sounds wrong!
What I meant was that That, (Gloves)  was the only sign of anything different.
 Gunshop all as usual, grocery store all as usual. Hadn't run out of anything.
Why such hype these days I don't know.  Paranoid old world in some places...

No, this isn't the Black Death, not even the Spanish Flu by a long shot.   That killed 17 1/2 to 18 Million at end of First World War.

Puzzllement for sure.
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 7:53pm
The Sportsman show got canceled here after it opened !!!
They opened at 12 noon Thursday, So my little brother cane pick me up So we could visit our Cousin whos company he works for Kodiak Legends Lodge had a booth there ....  I was supposed to have went on a call out the day before but it got canceled, and while me and my brother were walking around checking out the boats and stuff I got a text telling me that the one I was supposed to go on that next monday was also postponed until they come up with a contingency plane to keep the virus from getting on board she!!s production facilities !!!   Then I find out that the Sportsman show got canceled and shut down !!  Talked to Rafe and he said he was headed to Missouri !!  Looks like he is getting in some fishing before he heads back up the Kodiak !!!
From what my boss is telling me, I may have to get a bill of good health from the doctor just to go to work !!! Still waiting on my manager to let me know !!!  sad thing is Im sick right now , upper respiratory infection and sinus drip !!  aggravating , but I know it will make the doctor freak out !!   Also found out My cousin Cherye"s Son has the virus and his girlfriend , he is over in England !   Now I know why she got so snippy about all those memes on face book earlier !!!  
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 1:55am
I do understand a certain amount of precaution but it's gotten out of hand. The media is doing a whole lot of fear mongering on this. Stores in my area have had runs on toilet paper, soap, hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies. It's like some people are just realizing that cleanliness is a good thing. Because of all that is going on my fiancee and I made the decision to postpone our wedding a year. We had a few things to line up yet and now it's impossible to get done. Plus, her oldest son is in the Air Force and with the current domestic travel ban for military members that will last who knows how long it made the decision a little easier. My fiancee is also now on administrative leave from her new job. She was a week into training and they called her and said she would be on leave at least a week as they were cancelling the training cycle. Fortunately it is paid leave. It's really a surprise the level things are at right now.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 3:25am
It is madness.  I say quarantine the old folks at high risk and the rest of us all go catch the virus and get this over with.  We will get it sooner or later.  All back to normal in a few weeks.  

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 6:15pm
as much as i want to scream foul , i think the govmnt is doing what forced to do , im blaming the media on this one , they need to prove they still run our world and have succeeded in putting us in turmoil , i hope we remember when its over , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic